X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alexplz View Post
    I just picked up a gateway wizard, 170ish grams in the organic plastic. Also a SSS voodoo (bright hot pink schwiiing!) I traded a couple drivers for them. I held onto the dart and aviar; maybe one day I'll warm back up to them. Thanks for all the advice folks!
    I'm a really big fan of the Gateway putter SSS Warlock (Between a wizard and Voodoo is stability). I was looking for a good grip, moderate rigidity, and a more stable flight then the aviars P-n A I was putting with. I use an SP Sinus for my stable to overstable putter and for drives 250-275', and a Zero Spike for my understable or finesse upshots and drives. I carry two SSS warlocks in my bag at all times, and I putt with 10 of the same weight in putting practice.

I regularly rotate through the Warlocks to keep them all pretty similar in flight. If you like the rim of the Wizard better I found the RFF wizards to be great upshot and putting discs too. I have a ton of them but the Warlock just suits me better right now.

I too fully agree with the crowd that it is totally a personal preference with no one answer. Putting is very tactile, if you can stop focusing on the putter and focus on hitting the target you'll become a great putter. Find the grip, rim, stability, and glide you like. Buy a ton of the same putter when you discover your favorite. Practice multiple times a week to get better. I'm trying to practice 100 putts every other day personally.
    PDGA# 49616
    Stumptown# 353
    OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

Originally posted by jdinteg View Post
      I'm trying to practice 100 putts every other day personally.
      wow. that's a great idea... where'd you get that idea from, i wonder...
      "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
      Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

The old XD mold cant go wrong well they did with the plus mold but they brought the old ones back

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
          I have a few Champ XD's laying around that I'm sure would make great approach and off the tee style putters. I got them on a whim, threw them in a field a couple times and put them away in the closet . Somebody will want them some day
          .I have a CH XD
          I hate it
          it doesn't fly at all

However Magics are magic

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
            .I have a CH XD
            I hate it
            it doesn't fly at all

However Magics are magic
            They fly very far, just not my style of driving putter. Seems to be a bit more overstable then a regular one and not quite as overstable as the Star XD's
            "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
            Cleveland Brown

Comment

God loves the turbo putters...

Upside down JuJus especially....

I'm just saying...

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun View Post
                God loves the turbo putters...

Upside down JuJus especially....

I'm just saying...
                what's that line from IT by Stephen King? "god loves children, idiots and the catacysmically stoned..." i think that's it...
                "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                  i would recommend checking out the xd if you don't like the deeper rims...
                  +1

Just pick up a regular DX plastic XD. Only $7. I've putted them for years. I think it's one of the better options if you don't like deep rim putters.

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                    what's that line from IT by Stephen King? "god loves children, idiots and the catacysmically stoned..." i think that's it...
                    Cajun is not a child....

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X