Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SealSkinz (was: Lost at Wortman)

Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
    I decided I would put my seal socks to the test, so I took off my shoes and walked around in there for about 20 minutes feeling around for it again with no luck... By the way the seal socks got really wet along with my socks underneath, but my feet were not cold at all. I played the rest of the afternoon with no problem, so they did there job.
    Wait, the socks UNDER the SealSkins got wet? If so, then they didn't do their job!
    Oregon disc golf map

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
    Wait, the socks UNDER the SealSkins got wet? If so, then they didn't do their job!
    If they are totally submerged are they really supposed to keep everything underneath dry? If so then I guess they did not totally do their job. Maybe the water leaked in over the top of the socks when I was slogging around in the creek. Anyway even totally wet they provided enough insulation to keep my feet from getting cold.

Cindy
    Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
    2013 Chick Flick co-TD
    Stumptown #176
    PDGA #37716

Comment

If they are totally submerged are they really supposed to keep everything underneath dry?
      If they're the same SealSkinz I have, they're supposed to keep you completely dry. I tested mine in my bathtub. You've either got a leak, or you got water above the cuff.
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
        If they're the same SealSkinz I have, they're supposed to keep you completely dry. I tested mine in my bathtub. You've either got a leak, or you got water above the cuff.
        Mine were completely sealed until a few rounds in them. Eventually they seem to break down a bit and let a little water through.
        Current World Rank: 2857th
        Lowest Rated Round: 777
        Worst Tournament Finish: 2nd From DFL MA2 GNO 2008
        Worst Drive: 10 Feet behind teepad
        Shortest Putt Missed During a Tournament: < 1 foot (Not Kidding)
        Best Fall: Hole 11 Trojan Park, before cement teepads
        Dirtiest Ace: Hole 12 Horning's Canyon Course through the "V" tree.
        Pairs of Shoes Ruined: 6

Comment

Originally posted by keys View Post
          Mine were completely sealed until a few rounds in them. Eventually they seem to break down a bit and let a little water through.
          Same here, I gave up after three pairs. I just buy a new pair of Gore-tex trail running shoes every season. I always hated how the the seal skins made my shoes fit, not to mention the wrinkle foot jungle rot
          Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
          Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

My skinz don't keep my feet dry any more, but they definately keep them the warmest.
            When playing, I don't even realize that my feet are wet until I after the round and I take them off.
            I can't say that for any other sock I've tried.

Comment

Originally posted by Darr View Post
              Same here, I gave up after three pairs. I just buy a new pair of Gore-tex trail running shoes every season. I always hated how the the seal skins made my shoes fit, not to mention the wrinkle foot jungle rot
              Seal skins were a bust for me too. I'm also on the annual gore-tex trail runner plan.

Comment

Dose anyone know if SealSkinz are machine washable?

Cindy
                Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                Stumptown #176
                PDGA #37716

Comment

Dose anyone know if SealSkinz are machine washable?

Cindy
                  They should be! If it were me, I'd turn them inside out and wash in cold water for sure.

Bob

Comment

The label in the packaging says, "Hand-wash and drip-dry for greatest longevity. Do not twist or wring. Or, to machine wash, wash at low temperature and tumble-dry on low. When machine drying, reverse gloves and socks halfway through."
                    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

During winter I wear mostly wool (cashmere) socks -machine washable and they keep my feet warm and drier than cotton.
                      "Operator! Give me the number for 911! " - Homer S.

Comment

I actually got to put my Seal Skinz to the test this weekend while trying to fish out a disc out of a nasty water hazard. My shoes are a nearly blown out pair of absolutely non-waterproof Salomons, and my right foot got mostly submerged. I thought the Seal Skins leaked on me, but it was just the cold I felt of my shoe filling up with water. I honestly didn't expect the socks to work that well, but they did. Granted, they're still pretty new, I've worn them maybe 5 or 6 times, but they actually worked as advertised.

That reminds me though, gotta post in the "Lost Discs" area.
                        Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X