X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gloves for DG

Hey guys..brand new here and looking for some feedback. 7 years ago i created a product called the SingleFit which is a single finger golf glove used to replace band-aides and tape on golfers non-glove hand. Product has been successful. Recently I had some of your fellow DG guys telling me I should introduce this product to the DG market. We are just trying to get some feedback to see if blisters and irritation are a common thing in this market as well. Any feedback is much appreciated.

As a ball and disc golfer, no I wouldn't use one for disc. Blistering only happens when you go from a no play period to a played way too much period. Disc golfers tend to play year round where ball golfers take the winter off and their fingers go soft. In ball golf you also have a 4 foot long lever using you finger as a fulcrum against a high traction grip. We don't have that.

Comment

This is AWESOME

Originally posted by singlefitgolf View Post
      Hey guys..brand new here and looking for some feedback. 7 years ago i created a product called the SingleFit which is a single finger golf glove used to replace band-aides and tape on golfers non-glove hand. Product has been successful. Recently I had some of your fellow DG guys telling me I should introduce this product to the DG market. We are just trying to get some feedback to see if blisters and irritation are a common thing in this market as well. Any feedback is much appreciated.
      I saw this a few weeks ago and decided I would purchase one to try it out... Used it for all three rounds of the BSF and No Blisters and great control. I have tried a standard Five Finger Golf Glove and even a Batting Glove before but they must be taken off when putting or throwing thumbers. Huge pain and after shuffling it on and off a few times I would just give up and put it away. This glove stayed on my middle finger of my throwing hand for all three rounds and didnít hinder my putting or thumbing at all. I hardly noticed it was there.

I throw predominantly with my Middle Finger Backhand and prior to this glove if I hadnít been throwing a lot (difficult to do with full time work and three children) I would have no tough spot on my finger and a Monster Course like Milo, Bryant or even Adair would leave me with a blister going into the last day of golf that made it very difficult to throw with any power or accuracy. I will be purchasing many more of these and I for one appreciate the post to let us know about this product!
      Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Comment

Just some honest feedback, I would never use one. Releasing the disc takes a lot of fine touch and feel to be accurate. I think a glove only works when you hold onto the object like a baseball bat or a golf club. But would a pitcher tossing a baseball or a quarterback tossing a football ever use a glove? Prob not..

That said, I have seen golf gloves used on the disc golf course once or twice.
        Ethan | Disc Golf of Course.com - because it's disc golf, of course!
        Disc Golf Tips, Tournament News, and Information

Comment

I admit I was skeptical at first too

Originally posted by Disc Golf of Course View Post
          Just some honest feedback, I would never use one. Releasing the disc takes a lot of fine touch and feel to be accurate. I think a glove only works when you hold onto the object like a baseball bat or a golf club. But would a pitcher tossing a baseball or a quarterback tossing a football ever use a glove? Prob not..

That said, I have seen golf gloves used on the disc golf course once or twice.
          Which is why I purchased one and to my surprise, the one major point of contact is protected while the rest of your hand is free to feel the disc as I agree when throwing a mid range, thumber, or putter I do not want a glove on at all. Anyways I love the thing, but I can understand why others may not. I actually feel like and have been experiencing greater accuracy with my drives as there is no slip on the final point of contact on my hand aka my middle finger tip.
          Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Comment

Watch more wet/wintertime NFL games, quarterbacks often throw with gloves on! Big Ben comes to mind.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X