X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LakeStevensBA View Post
    What is a disc charger circle? It sounds like we are lucky we don't have these at our course yet. Maybe the idiots that thought sticking their bottle caps in stumps and trees was cool moved on to this?
    The disc charger graffiti has hit white river hard, its everywhere. I have been trying to keep that crap scraped off the benches and trees, but there are many more ass hats with markers these days. I have seen more graffiti in the last year than in the 22 years of playing disc golf. I gota get some black paint and fix all the benches...

Hukin since 1992
    DGOD #115

Comment

Everyone thinks they are Banksy these days. Sad indeed.
      "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.Ē

Comment

I recently played a course in Atascadero, CA ~ Heilmann Park ~ many of their wooden benches had some cool engravings done with a router (not done by graffiti jerks with a magic marker) ~ I remember a surfer riding a wave and one was a memorial to someone who had passed on. So maybe a good engraving of a disc charger would placate these yahoos. But then the yahoos would then magic marker them anyway to commemorate their great shot after using the charger.

Comment

tactful kindness

Originally posted by Jason Philips View Post
          Edited my comment for tact and hopefully it is spelled out a little better that a kind inquiry should be used until it is confirmed.
          So in the words of a smart man....."kindness should NEVER be confused for weakness "
          I happened to noticed that this "ass hat". Works at fred meyer.. as do I...
          I will be looking him up in the directory tomorrow, and giving his store a call ... I will be tactful In my conversation ,I will tell him to make it right.... , contact: Jeff, stumptown, whomever he deems .... But make it right , if he chooses not to , he is taking his chances at criminal charges ,( the least..)..... I do not need to even say how much more can be done to tarnish his "name" as a disc golfer... Or even mention the bodily harm he is in danger of......... I will post back after my conversation that he cannot avoid from me

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw View Post
            So in the words of a smart man....."kindness should NEVER be confused for weakness "
            I happened to noticed that this "ass hat". Works at fred meyer.. as do I...
            I will be looking him up in the directory tomorrow, and giving his store a call ... I will be tactful In my conversation ,I will tell him to make it right.... , contact: Jeff, stumptown, whomever he deems .... But make it right , if he chooses not to , he is taking his chances at criminal charges ,( the least..)..... I do not need to even say how much more can be done to tarnish his "name" as a disc golfer... Or even mention the bodily harm he is in danger of......... I will post back after my conversation that he cannot avoid from me
            BTW i live 200 miles from him , and the course in question

Comment

Weird, man. I sent him a note with a link to this thread and asked if it was him. Of course... it is. If you look through his likes, Disc Golf Depot is listed.

Articus... bad move, dude.
              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

i mean, at least just sharpie it on so i can then remove it with my dr. bronner's magic hand sanitizer and sham wow (worked like a charm on the sign on #4 at blue lake)... i wonder if i can match the color of the stub baskets with some nail polish...

seriously, people, no one freaking cares about your aces.
                "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                  i mean, at least just sharpie it on so i can then remove it with my dr. bronner's magic hand sanitizer and sham wow (worked like a charm on the sign on #4 at blue lake)... i wonder if i can match the color of the stub baskets with some nail polish...

seriously, people, no one freaking cares about your aces.
                  Great Response Emma. Thanks for your restoration work. Much appreciated by many I'm certain!

However I am curious about this phenom, if a frisbee Shamon exist amongst us may he/she please blow the good distance JuJu dust my way & help me with my hucks (my Ultimate & DG hucks, please). Sorry all, I'm a firm believer in VooDoo especially for betta flying discs.

I am keepin my eye open for one of these chargers. I'm gonna charge up & let it fly. If this disc charger works, I'm ALL IN! If not I'll line up to scrub some baskets & benches.

Good JuJu yes! Bad JuJu NO!

Comment

I just sent him this message along with a link to this thread:

Articus,

As one of the people who helped design and install the disc golf course at Stubb Stewart State Park, it really breaks my heart to see people vandalizing the course. Yes, carving your name into our baskets is vandalism; plain and simple. I understand your wanting to mark the occasion when you get an ace, but PLEASE show some maturity and respect for the hard work of the people who put that course in, and just have your friends sign your own disc and not our baskets. As you can see by the thread this vandalism has stirred up, the disc golf community in Portland has a long memory, and your name is not one easily forgotten.

If this was not your handywork, please accept my apology.

Jeff Hagerty
                    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post

Articus,

As one of the people who helped design and install the disc golf course at Stubb Stewart State Park, it really breaks my heart to see people vandalizing the course. Yes, carving your name into our baskets is vandalism; plain and simple. I understand your wanting to mark the occasion when you get an ace, but PLEASE show some maturity and respect for the hard work of the people who put that course in, and just have your friends sign your own disc and not our baskets. As you can see by the thread this vandalism has stirred up, the disc golf community in Portland has a long memory, and your name is not one easily forgotten.

Jeff Hagerty
                      Very diplomatic
                      "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                      Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post

Articus,

Jeff Hagerty
                        have you gotten any response to this?
                        "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                        Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                          have you gotten any response to this?
                          Not a word.

Which, honestly, does not surprise me.
                          "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X