• what bag(s) do you use ? also, the good and bad about it

I am interested in hearing about your bag
    briefly what you like/dislike about it
    why you bought/choose it
    what would you rather have, if any, and why

I have a fade crunch box and tour
    I like the rain fly set up on the straps
    both of the bags were very inexpensive compared to similar sized bags
    thinking about a back pack style bag so its more motorcycle friendly and more comfortable

Started with a innova discarrier
    Then worked my way to a latitude 64 probag
    Had the Phoenix bag with the rhino lining
    Now I'm happy to report the karma is now my bag of choice
    It not just only has a pocket for just about everything you could need from
    Pencils to trail mix to extra score cards etc...... Very roomy indeed not as much as the Zulu but still I'm holding 8 mid's 26 drivers and 3 putters
    Yes I'm including the side pockets but I can still put in more
    Need to modify my bag gots some new prodigy m3/m4's to put in as we'll as d2/d4's but all around its a great bag great lil extra is the putter pocket can have an adjustable 3 putters in it also two 32 oz gatorades with two mesh pockets for keys wallet phone don't have Any complains about the bag holding it up with some Phoenix straps

Retail $120 worth the money

Comment

Started with a Fade Crunch bag, great bag for the price. I bought a Grip bag, not because I am good or have tons of disc but because I wanted somewhere for my sweater if I wanted to take it off. Very comfy,and I like the room.

Comment

I have a Innova Champion bag. But I would like to have a Grip EQ http://www.grip-eq.com/

Comment

Fade crunch (12 discs) for minimum weight: adequate storage for food and essentials.
          Gorilla Boy chimp (16 discs) with fade straps for rain: has small pocket for essentials & large pocket for rain shell & food.
          Physical Flight contender (backpack: 26 discs) when practicing or playing tournaments. I have v.1.0 of this and it has limitations (poor sternum strap placement, no rainfly, bad mini pocket); however the memory foam in back & straps is excellent.

Comment

Golf mahal. Nothing to complain about here. Tons of storage or trims down for tournament rounds. Carries really well when I over pack discs and beer.

Comment

if you are going for the back pack style, you will be laying down ABOUT the same amount of money so it really depends on what you're own personal needs are... the Grip bag fits me the best and the rain fly is dreamy. i like the simple construction and i am learning how to maximize what really is minimal storage (20 discs max, the new ones will fit 21, and side pockets for the rest of the stuff you might need). revo bags, prodiscus, gorilla boy... those are all going to have more space, but they were just too big for me... i really recommend taking the opportunities at tournaments to ask to try other people's bags on. and look at warranties, too... grips are guaranteed for life.
              "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
              Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Simian from Gorilla Boy. Love it, going to purchase another one or a Golf Mahal (really torn between the two). It's comfortable, holds a good amount of discs. 16 in the main pocket, 3 putters each above the main zip up pockets, can put another 8 or so drivers in each of the zip pockets if you really need. It's got the built in seat, it's bullet proof.

Things I don't like (which were addressed in the new runs, mine is a first run). It's top heavy because of the seat, if it rains, it's gets heavy because it soaks up the rain (going to waterproof the bag). The storage in the new ones is even greater then the two extendable pockets which mine have. If you don't stack the discs upside down in the divider, when you pick up the bag, you swing your discs straight out of the bag. Besides that, thing is money
                "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                Cleveland Brown

Comment

Grip

I just got a grip bag a few weeks ago and LOVE IT!!!!!!!
                  Fits very comfortably and does everything I want.
                  Plus side:
                  Comfort
                  Ease of use
                  Only hold 20 disc's
                  Lots of pockets and storage
                  Less fatigue at the end of the round (from wearing and picking up)
                  Holds my stool and umbrella
                  The rain fly is AWESOME!!!
                  Looks like a back pack and wears like one, so none of that lower back pressure
                  Lots of pencil holders
                  Oh and the life time warranty is nice too.

The Down Side:
                  only hold 20 disc's tops (...........that has helped my game )
                  $$$
                  Pencils fall out of the holders by the drink holds
                  It's a pain to sew patches on, because it's make of kick ass materials

Hope this helps

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                    i really recommend taking the opportunities at tournaments to ask to try other people's bags on.
                    i have been doing a little homework, watching vids, etc
                    but checking them out in person/trying them on is my next step

Comment

GRIP is the way to go. So comfy and easy on your back.

Comment

Have had both runs of simians. Caddied for Paige w a grip bag. Grip rides higher and nicer, but no chair and simian holds umbrella well when raining. Keeps bag dry and never have to hold it during the round, even when walking, the umbrella I mean. Storage is crazy. I second trying them all out first.

Comment

Originally posted by juda4936 View Post
                          I just got a grip bag a few weeks ago and LOVE IT!!!!!!!
                          Fits very comfortably and does everything I want.
                          Plus side:
                          Comfort
                          Ease of use
                          Only hold 20 disc's
                          Lots of pockets and storage
                          Less fatigue at the end of the round (from wearing and picking up)
                          Holds my stool and umbrella
                          The rain fly is AWESOME!!!
                          Looks like a back pack and wears like one, so none of that lower back pressure
                          Lots of pencil holders
                          Oh and the life time warranty is nice too.

The Down Side:
                          only hold 20 disc's tops (...........that has helped my game )
                          $$$
                          Pencils fall out of the holders by the drink holds
                          It's a pain to sew patches on, because it's make of kick ass materials

Hope this helps

Josh
                          Is this the new version?

Comment

Does anyone have or know anything about, physical flight bags?
                            these are near the top of my short list

Comment

Originally posted by juda4936 View Post
                              IPencils fall out of the holders by the drink holds
                              if you put two writing implements in each little pocket they don't fall out like, a sharpie and a pencil and a pencil and a ball point pen. that's how i roll.
                              "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                              Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X