X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disc golf shoe Garmont Sticky Lizard

Anyone try these yet. Its a shoe marketed at discgolfers so someone has to show some support. I haven't bought summer shoes yet and have been considering them.

http://www.garmontusa.com/

Never heard of them but I'll look into them more.

Comment

I don't know, when you go to the item info for the sticky lizard, you get:

-----copy
      Description

Climbing enthusiast looking for a technical yet versatile everyday shoe for approach, scrambling and indoor climbing.
      -----end copy

Though I suppose you could stretch "approach." Still, calling the shoe "sticky lizard" doesn't sing a disc golf song to me ... now "stinky lizard" ...

Comment

Yeah the description doesn't really imply disc golf, but the homepage of their website advertises as it. "Athlete favorite disc golf shoe." I work for an outdoor retailer, and it was awesome to happen upon the site and see a silhouette of a basket. I had always hoped to see outdoor industry notice disc golf.

Comment

I'd think a shoe marketed to disc golf would need a beefier toe bumper. I like hearing about shoes with especially "sticky" soles though, for rock-scrambling and gutter-cleaning if not DG.
          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I have been wearing their "sticky dragon" shoe as my non-summer disc golf shoe for 2+ years (all leather heafty version). The sole is Vibram so it's still alive and kicking. The toe box is a bit narrow but on "normal feet" it's probably alright. Mine just blew out in the last month or so and a little shoe goo and they're just right. One weird thing is that the tongue is not waterproof/resistant while the rest is; I use gators when it's wet though so it's not a big deal. They are heavy and they are sturdy. I would love to give this lighter version a shot (especially if they came in "wide").

My summer shoe is vibram five fingers! in case you were wondering.
            FORE! Youth 2011 http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournam...RE_Youth_2011/

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X