Best Water Bottles for Disc Golf Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Best Water Bottles for Disc Golf

    I realize that water bottles aren't exclusive to Disc Golf, but I think most people will agree with me that during the hot summer months, a good water bottle can make all the difference. I'm wondering if anyone out there has found the perfect bottle yet? At the moment, I use 2 metal Contigo bottles, which are amazing at keeping water cold, but are just a bit too small. I'd love a couple of bottles that keep water cold and also hold at least 30 oz. Do any of you know of a bottle that fits that description?

  • #2
    i love my hydroflask...


    http://www.hydroflask.com/products/6...l-growler.html
    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by emmarose View Post
      The 40 oz one looks perfect. Kinda spendy, tho. How long does it keep water cold in hot weather?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Matt Miller View Post
        The 40 oz one looks perfect. Kinda spendy, tho. How long does it keep water cold in hot weather?
        24 hours. hot stuff hot for 12. i've left mine in the car on hot days and never had it warm up.


        i'm fairly certain they have a lifetime warranty, also... or i could be making that up... but i don't think so.
        "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
        Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

        Comment


        • #5
          32oz Nalgene bottles are my bottle of choice. During hot weather tournaments I will bring two - I will freeze one about 90% full and bring ice water in the other. As the ice water melts I can add it to the frozen one and have enough cold water for the day. The added bonus is that you can throw those suckers up into a tree if you get a disc stuck and it's pretty unlikely that the bottle will also get stuck (if they are mostly full of course) and they will not break. They are also very easy to clean.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ScottW View Post
            32oz Nalgene bottles are my bottle of choice. During hot weather tournaments I will bring two - I will freeze one about 90% full and bring ice water in the other. As the ice water melts I can add it to the frozen one and have enough cold water for the day. The added bonus is that you can throw those suckers up into a tree if you get a disc stuck and it's pretty unlikely that the bottle will also get stuck (if they are mostly full of course) and they will not break. They are also very easy to clean.
            I used to like Nalgene. But wasn't there some sort of, like, poison scare with them?

            Comment


            • #7
              I concur with the Hydroflask recommendation. LOVE mine. Spendy, yes. But totally worth it. I've put piping hot tea (ok let's be honest, cider and rum) in at 7am and was still so hot I could barely drink it at 11:00 when it was below freezing and snowing. If you don't want to spend the money I definitely go the route of freezing water in a nalgene so you have a big block of ice.

              Comment


              • #8
                Ams playing in the 2013 Beaver State Fling might just want to hold off on buying a hydroflask
                "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

                Comment


                • #9
                  I think you are referring to BPA in nalgenes, but all nalgenes say BPA free on the bottle now.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    An option for your existing nalgene to get it to keep things cold is the waterbottle parka by outdoor research. Mountaineers use these to keep their water from freezing at the summit. Will also keep it cold all day. Its a lighter weight option than hydroflask. I don't own a small hydroflask, but the growler I own from them is heavy.

                    http://www.mountaingear.com/webstore..._/R-214460.htm

                    Size #1 fits a nalgene snug while #3 give you about 2 inches extra room.

                    Comment


                    • #11


                      Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                      Ams playing in the 2013 Beaver State Fling might just want to hold off on buying a hydroflask

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I love my yak town throwdown metal water bottle, keeps super cool.
                        Team Disc Jock
                        Team Mando's Pro Shop
                        #50936

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Bridgeport. Best bottles in town for the money...
                          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                          ~Annika SŲrenstam

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                            24 hours. hot stuff hot for 12. i've left mine in the car on hot days and never had it warm up.


                            i'm fairly certain they have a lifetime warranty, also... or i could be making that up... but i don't think so.
                            I agree. My Hydroflask is great! Just remember to keep the lid on when not drinking. Ice cold water for me in the summer, hot tea for me in the winter.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Best bottle ever are made by Liberty Bottle Works here in Yakima Washington. They are BPA free, made from 100% recycled material and are a product from a local company. We gave them away last year at the Yak Town Throw Down as players packs and everyone I have talked to that received one loves em. Keeps your beverages cold or hot as the occasion requires, holds 32 oz. and comes with an optional sports straw attachment. I highly recommend them to those of you who are looking for a great water bottle. Just google liberty bottle works for more information and a link to their website. Oh yeah, ours came with an awesome logo on them for our tournament. Wish you had one now, dont you? Dont worry, you can still get one from this years Yak Town Throw Down 2, on August 17th 2013 at Wide Hollow Creek Disc Golf Course in beautiful Yakima Washington. Registration at 4discgolf.com. Hope to see you all there.

                              Comment

                              Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X