X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• custom rubber stamp

So I'm getting my own custom rubber stamp made with my logo, name and fone # so I can stamp the bottom of my plastic. This is the easy part. What I don't know is what type of ink would be permanent?? The people that make the stamp really don't know this answer either. Odd right?
    I did explain about how we can dye discs, but the process is totally different than using a stamp.
    Ya ya I know just use a sharpie but I like to be different
    Hukin since 1992
    DGOD #115

Stamp pad

I actually tried this with mild success. It's an ok idea. I forget the brand name, something French I believe, but i did find a fairly decent permanent/black stamp pad at Micheal's that worked out pretty good with out being too gloppy or thin.
    The most important part is to have "even" ink on your stamp, with your disc flat or slightly domed (and reinforced) to avoid glop/light/dark/unevenness in your stamp, especially where the disc might concave on you. Kind of a one-shot deal, especially if its plastic you're attached to. With a smooth hand and routinely cleaned stamp (toothbrush/soap) you can produce some pretty crisp stamps. Over and over.

Comment

I think you would be better off with a stencil. I made one for my name and then you can just use sharpie. I had a stencil for my number too but I changed numbers and never made a new one. It is fairly useful too. I can recognize my stencil from a good distance.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikk View Post
        So I'm getting my own custom rubber stamp made with my logo, name and fone # so I can stamp the bottom of my plastic. This is the easy part. What I don't know is what type of ink would be permanent?? The people that make the stamp really don't know this answer either. Odd right?
        I did explain about how we can dye discs, but the process is totally different than using a stamp.
        Ya ya I know just use a sharpie but I like to be different
        I stamped some club minis 3 years ago and they still look fresh!

Here is what I used...

http://www.amazon.com/Tsukineko-Full...stazon+ink+pad

It also comes in an array of colors.

www.DiscAddiction.com - custom dyed discs

www.WhidbeyIslandDiscGolf.com - club info

Comment

Originally posted by wilt View Post
          I think you would be better off with a stencil. I made one for my name and then you can just use sharpie. I had a stencil for my number too but I changed numbers and never made a new one. It is fairly useful too. I can recognize my stencil from a good distance.
          What a good idea! I dunno why I didnt think of that
          Hukin since 1992
          DGOD #115

Comment

Originally posted by Danni View Post
            I stamped some club minis 3 years ago and they still look fresh!

Here is what I used...

http://www.amazon.com/Tsukineko-Full...stazon+ink+pad

It also comes in an array of colors.

Thanks! I'm looking into it ;-)
            Hukin since 1992
            DGOD #115

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X