X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New Month, A New Disc: R-Pro Dart

The Dart in the new R Pro plastic is coming to a DG store near you...

I might check this one out; it sounds somewhat similar to the Lightning #2 Upshot (don't laugh!) that I use as my putter now.

On the other hand, someone posted on discgolfreview.com saying they saw one and it was very domey. I'm not a big fan of domey discs.
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
      ... the Lightning #2 Upshot (don't laugh!) that I use as my putter now.
      I'll tell you what, Adam. I'll do my best not to laugh, but I will point out that you frequently mention your trouble with putting. And you use a Lightning #2 Upshot. It's all coming together...

Comment

Believe me, it's not the disc's fault; I putt better with this thing than anything else. (It's actually pretty similar to a Classic Roc, and not a bad mold at all.)

I just need to practice. But practice is boring.
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
          I might check this one out; it sounds somewhat similar to the Lightning #2 Upshot (don't laugh!) that I use as my putter now.

On the other hand, someone posted on discgolfreview.com saying they saw one and it was very domey. I'm not a big fan of domey discs.
          You probably won't like this then. Someone over at DiscGolfOregon got to try out one Feldberg had and thought it similar to a Kite/Skeeter (must be referring to the domey-ness).

I'll get sucked in and will pick one up, mostly so I can check out the new plastic and see if I like it for when it's used on the molds I throw most often.

Comment

The Dart and the new R-Pro are really cool. I think it is the best new putter/midrange I've tried since being on Team Innova. I may end up putting one in my bag in place of one of my Rocs, I like it for long putts and even for drives, it goes really straight and has a good float. Flies about as far as a Roc in my experience. It feels good in my hand and it comes out clean even with power which I didn't expect considering the new plastic is pretty soft. I certainly would recommend this disc, and not just because it is made by my sponsor, I ordered 8 more of them this morning I like it so much.
            Next in R-Pro will be the Aviar, Rhyno, and Pig. I think all of those will be really fun to try also, I think R-Pro 150g's will be great catch discs (I ordered 1 150g dart to test this theory). Anyways, bottom line is that this disc is the real deal.
            Innova Champion Discs
            Discmania
            huk lab
            Keen Footwear
            Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags
            Stimpi Ridge Disc Golf in Spokane, WA
            Play it Again Sports Corvallis and Eugene

Comment

The new R-pro plastic sounds a lot like the soft Pro currently used for Rhynos. What is the difference?

Comment

Does the "R" stand for "rubbery"?
                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

R-Pro

Stands for Rubber-Pro. I dont throw the soft rhynos but I think the plastic has a similar feel. Innova was having trouble with the old soft plastic and it was resulting in too many flawed discs out of the mold. I think this new stuff solves that problem so it can be used on more models without as much waste. It is grippy and it doesn't show ware from pavement or trees very easily. I think it is nice plastic I am sure people will agree once they give it a try.
                  Nate
                  Innova Champion Discs
                  Discmania
                  huk lab
                  Keen Footwear
                  Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags

Comment

Can't wait to get ahold of the Rhyno. Love my Pro Rhyno's not only for putting but upshots and trick shots.

Bob

Comment

Bob,
                      At our age every shot is a trick shot
                      educate your thinking

Comment

I felt the dart at The Memorial flymart today and it feels great! The edge is nice and smooth and the plastic is amazing. It's really soft and has a ton of grip! I'll definitely buy one within the next couple days, probably tomorrow before my round.

Comment

Hey Brody! What kinda of disc did you get in the player's pack? Also, is there any discraft news down there you'd like to share. Any new molds we can look forward to? Good luck! Rip it up tomorow!
                          Team DISCRAFT
                          NW Sign Up
                          Gorilla Boy
                          Paragon Disc Golf
                          Odwalla

Comment

looking forward to checking this out. I throw an aero and would like a more condensed version. How does it compare?

Check out dion on an innova thread talking discraft. company man!
                            Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

I haven't spent much time throwing the Aero, but I would say the Dart is smaller, faster, and more flat across the top, also more stable I would guess. The Dart flies something like a straight Roc for a 300 foot shot, mine doesn't flip over even with good power, just floats flat for a while and hyzers out pretty gently late.
                              Innova Champion Discs
                              Discmania
                              huk lab
                              Keen Footwear
                              Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...