X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PDXDuck View Post
    Two discs or less definitely still come via the speedier USPS service. I got greedy and ordered 3 Darts and in fact it will have been a full week door to door.
    So that is what happened. I ordered 3 discs and they are coming UPS, supposed to be here tomorrow. Should have just waited for the Dart to be released and got one of those too.

Comment

I just got my Darts in the mail. People have been talking about how "domey" they supposedly are, but I don't think they're all that tall:

Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
        I just got my Darts in the mail. People have been talking about how "domey" they supposedly are, but I don't think they're all that tall:

Looks like a Kite and/or Skeeter.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
          Looks like a Kite and/or Skeeter.
          I agree. I'd say it looks domey for a pure putter, but this really isn't meant to fit that role. Can't wait to try it out this weekend, I could use to sink more of the longer range putts

What do you think about the plastic Adam?

Comment

The plastic feels great, but I was too busy to get outside and toss them today. (And it was gross outside anyway.) Not quite as soft as a DGA Gumbputt, but pretty rubbery. I'd say it's very similar to Lightning Prostyle.
            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Any chance the Dart's similar to the Lightning Upshot?
              Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
              DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

Comment

Originally posted by Mystjava View Post
                I intend to find out today whether it's similar to a #2 Upshot and/or a Rubber Putter; I don't know anything about the non-#2 Upshot, though.

[Update: handles a headwind better than either the U-2 or the Rubber Putter; straighter (less fade) than the RP in a tailwind. Less glide/float than the U-2.]
                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Okay, I threw the new Darts today. I like them, especially the 173g one. Innova advertises them as going very straight, and by god, that's what they do; I don't know what more to say, really. They even handled a headwind better than I expected them to.

I mostly threw 100-foot shots in the park. It's hard to practice putts with trees, and it's too damn cold to set up my backyard basket. I'm hoping they're as nice for putting as they are for straight-line approaches.

(I'll probably be willing to part with the bright yellow 165g Dart, if someone wants it.)
                  Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Hmmm...

But, do they come in blue? Or a dye-able white?

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedisc View Post
                      But, do they come in blue? Or a dye-able white?
                      Haven't seen any so far...
                      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Be not afraid, they come in blue.
                        Innova Champion Discs
                        Discmania
                        huk lab
                        Keen Footwear
                        Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags
                        Stimpi Ridge Disc Golf in Spokane, WA
                        Play it Again Sports Corvallis and Eugene

Comment

Originally posted by Mystjava View Post
                          I'd think with the history between Lightning and Innova that there wouldn't be too much of a resemblance.
                          He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                          - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedisc View Post
                            Or a dye-able white?
                            There's a good question. Is the new plastic dye-able?

Comment

R-Pro Dart is dyeable

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                              There's a good question. Is the new plastic dye-able?

I had to find out. They are, but...

What normally is deep black turned out forest green.
                              The hot stamp impression is deeper than with Champ or Star plastic which made getting the vinyl dye-tight more difficult.
                              The stencil (Oracal 651) also didn't want to stay stuck to the disc.

All in all it turned out okay, wish it had ended up being black. Be interested to see how this looks in a few months.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X