X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aerobie Epic

For a few thoughts of mine this disc has to be the furthest flying disc for overhand, not so well for backhand or Forehand. I can almost throw this thing 450 feet as a thumber and about 350 with a tomahawk. How many of you out there have seen or use this strange disc? http://infinitediscs.com/aerobie-epic/

i have never thrown one, but i sure have seen you overhand guys make them fly far, its pretty cool

Comment

From what I've heard, this disc is good for one thing and one thing only - big arm tomahawk throws.

Comment

I am right handed and use the epic for big righ turn shots. I can only throw a forehand flick about 250-260. And I dont have a good turnover shot that can turn over late enough. So I throw the Epic as a tomohawk. It stalls at the Apex and then takes a right turn and glides a really long way.
        BEst example is Hole 1 at Kitsap Fairgrounds. Almost aced the hole.
        Or hole 4? on the SE course at Ft. Steilicoom. Pin is way right but there is a Mando left on a big tree just down the hill from the Tee Box. Throw the Epic Tomohawk left of the Big Tree and after it goes out about 250, it stalls and takes a right turn and glides in the direction of the basket...
        Board Member of the West Sound Disc Golf Association
        Like us on Facebook! Facebook.com/WSDGA

Comment

Originally posted by EnigmaSquad View Post
          I am right handed and use the epic for big righ turn shots. I can only throw a forehand flick about 250-260. And I dont have a good turnover shot that can turn over late enough. So I throw the Epic as a tomohawk. It stalls at the Apex and then takes a right turn and glides a really long way.
          BEst example is Hole 1 at Kitsap Fairgrounds. Almost aced the hole.
          Or hole 4? on the SE course at Ft. Steilicoom. Pin is way right but there is a Mando left on a big tree just down the hill from the Tee Box. Throw the Epic Tomohawk left of the Big Tree and after it goes out about 250, it stalls and takes a right turn and glides in the direction of the basket...

I need to throw mine more at Shelton Springs on the Wide Open Holes

Comment

i threw one across the field after hole 18 at sekani. a guy i was playing with had one in his bag and i wanted to try it in an open field since i can get my flick out to around 300 on a good thumber. The epic flipped over quick to the right, then had a nice long glide back to the left. complete opposite of what a thumber should do.... but it went further than any disc ive ever thrown. It hit the telephone pole about 15 feet up across the field. probably a good 350-400 ft thumber. i was speechless.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X