X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chain lengths

If anyone with a basket could spare a couple minutes to measure their chains I would appreciate it. Both inner and outer lengths, and intermediate if applicable. I will be shopping for supplies today and need to estimate the cost for chains and such. I forgot to take a tape measure to Pier yesterday...

Originally posted by jevon View Post
    If anyone with a basket could spare a couple minutes to measure their chains I would appreciate it. Both inner and outer lengths, and intermediate if applicable. I will be shopping for supplies today and need to estimate the cost for chains and such. I forgot to take a tape measure to Pier yesterday...

23" on my inside 26" on my outside on a M-14
    "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Cool. Thanks for the info.

Comment

my chains are 47 inches on the inside and 48 inches on the outside to my basket.... oh you meant a real disc golf basket... *sorry hon, they didn't mean the chains around my ankles, you can put the tape measure away now*

Comment

If you guys go to the pDGA site to the tecnical standards section you will find all the guidelines for basket design. Burried in the TD section of the sanctioning agreement
          rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
            If you guys go to the pDGA site to the tecnical standards section you will find all the guidelines for basket design. Burried in the TD section of the sanctioning agreement
            It is actually on page 6 of 8 on the specs PDF. Has all the measurements EXCEPT for chain length. Thanks for the reply though...

I am looking for the lengths since the chain is going to be the most expensive part of the basket. I would rather not have it be a trial by error type of thing.

Also, does anyone have a pipe bender laying around collecting dust I could borrow?

Comment

The ring roller and stock bender can be found reasonably $ at either Harbour Freight or on ebay for about $50 together.

Added text Go ahead and buy the galvinized chain it's well worth
              Last edited by LJ Jubner; March 2nd, 2009, 11:13 AM. Reason: Added text
              rewindb.com

Comment

I bought 3", 5", and 7" rings at Michaels. The cheapest bender at Home Depot was about $32. I could rent one but thought I'd see if someone had one I could borrow. I still don't know if I'm gonna go with some cold rolled steel or 1/2" conduit

The galvanized chain felt pretty rough. I'm afraid it might chew up discs a bit. I'm gonna go with the zinc plated. The stainless steel was nice but pretty damn spendy.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X