Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is there any love for the Astra around here?

yesterday i was given a Q Sparkle 162 Astra to try out, and cant wait to throw it
    i did a search both here and on DGCR and couldnt find much about the Astra.
    i know a couple of people that do (or used to) throw the Astra.
    i am just kinda curious about it, i know its similar to the Archon, but from what i am reading its a little different if you check the specs
    i have read that its a little less HSS and has a little less fade
    is this your experience?
    will this be a longer Valk?

A what?????? lol, get out your astrology maps! that is probably only going to be funny to me. hey thats ok.
    Team HOSER:dancing:
    Team OLY:cheerleader:
    Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
      A what?????? lol, get out your astrology maps! that is probably only going to be funny to me. hey thats ok.
      this is right up your alley, since you have been trying a bunch of "off the beaten path" discs
      not to mention the Orion LF and Orion LS
      http://www.golfdisc.com/category/long-range-drivers

Comment

I am a huge millenium fan...probably one of the few and one of the proudest....even have a sticker on my car. But the astra...not my favorite...although I like it more than the orion.
        "When a ball dreams, it dreams it is a frisbee."

Comment

I was just handed another astra to try, this one is a beat to heck first run.
          we will have a throw down now.

Still, no love from anyone?

Comment

I have thrown a 168 first run Serius Astra a few times. Its super flippy for me, just as fast as the valk but uber flippy. I have had many Millenium discs over the years. I was at a tourney in CA when the polaris 1.19 first came to the market, in 1992 I think. Funny as everybody thinks star plastic is fairley new, however my polaris 1.19, circa 1993 is star plastic!! The Orion LS is also a good disc for back hand rollers, if thats your thing.

Just put lots of hyzer on that Astra and watch it flip to flat and glide for a mile!! For a back hand drive that is, I wouldn't even think about a side arm throw with one, unless you need a roller shot ;-)
            Hukin since 1992
            DGOD #115

Comment

I dug it. I had (/have?) a max weight. The flippiness was hard to control, but when nailed properly, it had a nice long, fast, smooth, turnover flight. But I throw everything at 110% power for maximum distance and inconsistency, so I may not bet the best critic.
              Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
              Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
              Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
              Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
              Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                But I throw everything for maximum inconsistency
                i got this nailed then

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...