X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legacy Patriot

Beaverton Play it Again Sports has the Legacy Patriots in stock!!!

nice!! I realy like mine, lost of glide and easy to control!!
    Hukin since 1992
    DGOD #115

Comment

What colors have you thrown and what's the flippiest or most stable.

Comment

Color is usually the least most important factor in stability. If you're looking for more stable, go with discs with a high parting line. If you're looking for less stable, go with discs with a lower parting line.
        We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

I've bought thousands of discs and have noticed with some company's that the rust in certain color pellets used when making a discs will add a certain stability to them. I have thrown the proto red patriots that are really flippy and the yellow production run that are much more beefy. Just wanted to get other people's thoughts.

Originally posted by Parks View Post
          Color is usually the least most important factor in stability. If you're looking for more stable, go with discs with a high parting line. If you're looking for less stable, go with discs with a lower parting line.

Comment

Originally posted by lion View Post
            I've bought thousands of discs and have noticed with some company's that the rust in certain color pellets used when making a discs will add a certain stability to them. I have thrown the proto red patriots that are really flippy and the yellow production run that are much more beefy. Just wanted to get other people's thoughts.
            I agree with you, Lion. My white Grinder stamped Patriots are very stable, as in very straight with minimal fade, and my red Liberty Patriots are understable. I really like them both, and carry one of each.

Have you thrown the new Icon Rivals? The Pinnacle Rivals are awesome. I carry three... 2 firm first runs and 1 gummy production run. I'm assuming that the new first run Icon Rivals are less stable and a touch faster than Pinnacle.

Comment

Originally posted by lion View Post
              I have thrown the proto red patriots that are really flippy and the yellow production run that are much more beefy. Just wanted to get other people's thoughts.
              If you look at the parting line height on those Patriots, then I bet the yellow heights are higher than the red ones.

I've thrown many discs as well, and often times the same mold in the same color in the same plastic in the same run will vary in stability. The parting line height will help you sort out the stability before you throw them.
              We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

So I went down to legacy today and pulled 25 patriots off there shelves (5 in each color) and compared them to the three I was throwing and the parting line was the same. No difference and no noticeable difference in flexibility. I asked a few mold injection people this and they said rust in color pellets and it also depends what weight additive is used to increase or decrease the weight in the discs.

Originally posted by Parks View Post
                If you look at the parting line height on those Patriots, then I bet the yellow heights are higher than the red ones.

I've thrown many discs as well, and often times the same mold in the same color in the same plastic in the same run will vary in stability. The parting line height will help you sort out the stability before you throw them.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X