X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meet The Pros- Skins Game April 2008- Champ Valkyrie- Signed

I am helping a friend out and selling this disc for him.

This is a Champion Valkyrie Boss from the Meet The Pros Skins Game that took place April 30th, 2008 in Santa Cruz. Disc is Yellow Champ plastic with copper foil stamp and the names of the pros, Nate Doss, Ken Climo, Avery Jenkins and Manabu Kajiyama as well as their signatures and PDGA numbers in their own handrighting. This disc is in very good to near perfect condition (would be perfect if it had been stored in plastic in a cool dry place )

I believe he should be able to get $150 - $200 for this disc, but posting it on eBay had only slight interest and no offers. What would you guys and gals offer for such a disc?

Thanks in advance for the responses.
    > $200
    0.00%
    $150-$200
    0.00%
    $100-$150
    0.00%
    $50-$100
    0.00%
    $1-$50
    88.89%
    I would not buy this
    11.11%
    I would pay someone else to get rid of it
    0.00%
    If given this disc I would huk it in the river.
    0.00%
    Last edited by JPSnuffy; October 28th, 2012, 03:49 PM.
    Glenn 'JPSnuffy' Higgs
    Remembering 'The Crimson Willys'
    --==_o|||||o_==--

If you got $50 you would be lucky in my opinion. Signed discs don't have much of a market and that disc isn't CE or anything special. You would be hard pressed to get that kind of money from a first run CE Valkyrie with those signatures. In a lot of collectors eyes signatures actually devalue a disc. Again, this is just my opinion as a person who purchases a lot of collectsble plastic.

Comment

Yeah signature discs are only worth something if you like them. Very few people actually will pay good money for a disc that is signed. Almost all collectors would rather have it have no ink (regardless of who that ink is from).
      "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
      Cleveland Brown

Comment

It is becoming clear...

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
        Yeah signature discs are only worth something if you like them. Very few people actually will pay good money for a disc that is signed. Almost all collectors would rather have it have no ink (regardless of who that ink is from).
        Thanks General Scales and Columbia Gorge, this does help me quite a bit. Now I can go back to my friend and 'readjust' his expectations. I would have thought that having a signature would make it more valuable, but i guess i can kinda see what you guys mean when it comes to unmarked plastic.

Thanks again,
        Glenn 'JPSnuffy' Higgs
        --==_o|||||o_==--

Comment

And not to knit pick, but that looks like a Boss, not a Valk

Comment

You might be right..

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
            And not to knit pick, but that looks like a Boss, not a Valk
            I am here to learn as well as help out, so if you see something I post that doesn't sound right or look right let me know. I don't have a Valkyrie to judge the profile against, but i do have a Boss and they do look similar. Nice catch Bruce...

...also it is spelled 'nitpick' from picking lice and lice eggs or 'nits' from the hair.
            Glenn 'JPSnuffy' Higgs
            --==_o|||||o_==--

Comment

And if that is a Boss, it's a very early run Boss I believe (Boss came out in 2008 I believe). Which that makes it worth more to some people.
              "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
              Cleveland Brown

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
              Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X