X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trying to hook up the best christmas present ever

a dear, non-disc golfing amiga of mine is looking to purchase a good basket for her husband and two boys for christmas this year.

i play on a lot of baskets, and i have a great basket in my front yard, but i have never purchased a basket myself.

she's looking for input and advice on what and where to buy.

and i don't think she's looking for a travel basket... so having it be easy to break down and reassemble easily is not a selling point.

also, did i mention the two boys? they're maniacs... so they'll need something sturdy.

thank you very much, disc golfing community.

emma
    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Bentley baby!

Bentley's are very solid baskets and Santa's elves make them right there in PDX which could save big bucks on shipping.
    Don't quote my quote of $350-375, but that's close to being in the ballpark.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    - Anonymous

Comment

Pm sent
      Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
      Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
      Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
      Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
      Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
        Bentley's are very solid baskets and Santa's elves make them right there in PDX which could save big bucks on shipping.
        honestly, these baskets are beautiful, but... i have noticed a couple details that would need to be changed in order for me to advise a friend to drop $350 on one.

and my buddies are in bend not PDX so the shipping thing isn't much of an issue. thanks, tho, yose!
        Last edited by emmarose; September 13th, 2012, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
          Pm sent
          word.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
            Last I heard, Bentley was not selling individual baskets. Orders of 9 or more only.

Comment

Sure like my Discraft - Chainstar. It's been outside since I bought it a year ago, very tough, doubles as a jungle gym for tricycle motors too.
              PDGA# 49616
              Stumptown# 353
              OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

I have a portable Mach III and Mach II. Both are great baskets.

Comment

I would suggest one of these fine baskets. These baskets are what make people consider Lake Stevens as one of the top destination courses in all of central Snohomish county.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                    Last I heard, Bentley was not selling individual baskets. Orders of 9 or more only.
                    if you ask nicely he just might.
                    According to Mazza I have a sissy arm

Comment

Originally posted by lakestevensba View Post
                      i would suggest one of these fine baskets. These baskets are what make people consider lake stevens as one of the top destination courses in all of central snohomish county.

ive heard those baskets are banned everywhere else but lake stevens.
                      WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeStevensBA View Post
                        I would suggest one of these fine baskets. These baskets are what make people consider Lake Stevens as one of the top destination courses in all of central Snohomish county.

stop being ridiculous and bring me a margarita!

Comment

Hey Emma it's nava yeah just to answer a few things yes bentleys are made in aloha but u know that also there indestructible in my opinion a great all around basket also they are $350 a piece well worth the money for galvanized powder coated basket with lifetime welding guarantee
                          Also Tom is making a run of pink baskets too very soon actually so if u want act quick no u don't need to buy 9 that's only for wholesale ppl
                          Good luck Emma

Ps for all the haters out there I'm not just promoting the bently baskets because he's my sponser but because I'm the words of the Pdga and I quote "probably the best all around basket they've ever seen" let alone being granted championship approval. (good job Tom keep it up)

Comment

thanks everyone for your input and feedback. and thank you from my friend, monica banks, as well.

emma

Comment

Originally posted by LakeStevensBA View Post

GRR, He WOULD!!
                              www.DiscAddiction.com - custom dyed discs

www.WhidbeyIslandDiscGolf.com - club info

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X