X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMERGENCY! I really need help!

Hey folks, first time poster here. Here's my situation - my girlfriend has competed in the last two years of the Chick Flick tournaments and I've been her caddy for both. This morning, I was getting up to get ready for work and putting on my shoes while the dogs were playing...when I rose up, the bigger dog bumped into me as he was running, I lost my balance, and I accidentally stepped on her disc golf bag! I had a sickening feeling in my stomach when I heard something snap and as I investigated, I found that I had accidentally stepped on her "Chick Flick 2011" plastic circle thingie (sorry for lack of a better description, see the picture!) and broke it in two.

Long story short, this is the THIRD keepsake of hers that has either quit working or broken since January. I'm absolutely horrified. The first two were bad enough, but this is something really important to her and I was DESPERATELY hoping that maybe somebody could point me in the direction of another one???

I went to eBay today prepared to pay anything reasonable to replace it, but eBay has zero listings for anything Chick Flick 2011 related, so I then went to Paragon Disc Golf's website (since they're advertised on the disc), but no luck there either...knowing that she occasionally posts here, I came here in a last ditch effort to see if maybe somebody has an extra one left over that they would be willing to sell me one? I'm seriously desperate here and really hopeful that somebody would be willing to part with one for me, I could meet anybody local in the Portland area tonight GLADLY with cash in hand!!

Please PM me with the details if you can help, I'm off of work at 5:30 and free any time thereafter.

Thanks again!

cindy mcmahon is who your looking to get a hold of. she ought to have a handful extra.

Comment

Originally posted by Caprice Johnson View Post
      cindy mcmahon is who your looking to get a hold of. she ought to have a handful extra.
      Yep, Contact Cindy McMahan... she goes by "LegoRules" on this forum.
      "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

THANK YOU!!! Very much appreciated!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Boyfriend View Post
          THANK YOU!!! Very much appreciated!!
          I shot her a quick email letting her know lives were at stake-ish.
          "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Dear The Boyfriend, you should change your name to the THE Boyfriend, because you are a good soul. Good luck and I hope that Cindy has a few extras!

Comment

Ya, you Roc man!

btw, the "Chick Flick 2011 plastic circle thingie" is commonly referred to as a "bag tag" if I'm not mistaken. That is a pretty sweet tag.

Well played.

Comment

back up PM sent, just in case cindy doesn't have any extras.

emma
                "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Hey Bob unfortunately we had just enough last year, and we do not have any extras left over. We will be going with Paragon again this year, so we will have 2012 bag tags. They will of course most likely be a different color, shape, and of course the date will be 2012.

They may still have our artwork from last year, so let me send Paragon a message they may be able to produce a replacement for a fee. I will let you know what I find out

Cindy
                  Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                  2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                  Stumptown #176
                  PDGA #37716

Comment

Bummer Dude ...
                    PDGA # 52916
                    CRDGC
                    TCDGC
                    FWWDGC
                    PDGC

Comment

Superglue would work. Crude, but effective.

Comment

all taken care of.

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                          all taken care of.
                          How so Emma? I have an email into Miles Parkhurst of Paragon, so if this situation is resolved please let me know, so I don't proceed any further with trying to get a replacement from Paragon OK

Cindy
                          2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                          Stumptown #176
                          PDGA #37716

Comment

Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
                            How so Emma? I have an email into Miles Parkhurst of Paragon, so if this situation is resolved please let me know, so I don't proceed any further with trying to get a replacement from Paragon OK

Cindy
                            with my maaaagiiiic powwerrrrs... ooooooooo...

...maaagiiic...

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                              with my maaaagiiiic powwerrrrs... ooooooooo...

...maaagiiic...
                              Abracadabra!

Cindy
                              2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                              Stumptown #176
                              PDGA #37716

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...