Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Costco Basket maybe in your area

Saw this on dgcoursereview:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...ad.php?t=37552

I was hoping to get a few for a private course up here in Mount Vernon but the Burlington Costco did not have any. When they looked it up she said it looks like there are two at the Aurora Costco. So if you are in the Everett area check it out. If it is a rebranded instep basket then its a pretty sweet deal for only $65. Just thought I would spread the word.

Back to making Blue Barrel baskets!
    WORK LESS THROW MORE
    http://www.grippt.com

It is definately an instep basket, which makes it a moderate deal. I bought one online a few years ago for $75.

It's an OK basket with its best selling point being the price. Extra chains are a must.

Comment

The cost on those insteps went up to $100 a few years back, so I am going to jump on this deal if they're available... thanks for the heads up!
      Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Picked up the last one at the Aurora Costco tonight... I think they're even lower quality than the instep baskets, but I bought it for the back yard anyway. It's pretty darn wobbly, but I figured I could modify it some. FYI, this item is discontinued, but there will be five more arriving at this Costco around July 2nd.

Comment

My Costco rep tells me that the Vancouver store is selling a basket with a 3 disc starter set for $70 right now. I'm waiting on a picture of the basket from him. I'll post when I hear anything.

Comment

saw them at the Silverdale costco...quite flimsy indeed. my homemade one is much better! could probably be modified though. probably great for kids.
            "When a ball dreams, it dreams it is a frisbee."

Comment

Originally posted by sk8architecture View Post
              Back to making Blue Barrel baskets!
              is'nt that a polka? We got lots a cabbage rolls and kaffee fur afda da show
              rewindb.com

Comment

I saw them at the NE Portland Costco last weekend.
                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Here's a pic from the Silverdale Costco.

they are selling down a little, so that means that there are that many more home baskets out there locally, which has to be a good thing. I figure if their inventory of 25 or so disappears, it means they've all found a local home... which means i'll have to continue my putting practice up to keep pace.

ok, ski, could you put up a pic of your homemade(?)... I'm always interested to see what people can create. Is it the spider one?

Comment

Maybe if used on a disc golf hole.....but for putting...

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                    Extra chains are a must.

Why add chains to a practice basket?

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedisc View Post

Good point. In the 4-5 years I've had mine I still haven't got around to it.
                      Just accept that it will spit out a lot of putts that would have stuck in any other basket.

Comment

Mine has inner chains and is vastly improved.

Salem, eugene, and Woodburn (or maybe the guy said Wilsonville?) have them as of last week.

Thanks to the guy in Portland who posted the find on Craigslist!

Comment

anyone know if they have them near spokane/cda?
                          Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up to the roof and gets stuck - George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Big Red View Post
                            anyone know if they have them near spokane/cda?
                            Valley Costco had them last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedisc View Post

One good reason is that there's less bending down to pick up discs if a higher percentage of them stick in the chains/basket.

Also, because many quality (firm) putts blow through, I find myself further developing the bad habit of putting 'to' the chains, instead of 'through' them. (this is good practice if I'm going to be playing on hula-hoop baskets or at Lake Stevens I suppose)

Thirdly, it's fun to modify things and make them your own.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X