Last Call ! 2007 Rose City Open DVD Blowout Autographed by Dave Feldberg! Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Last Call ! 2007 Rose City Open DVD Blowout Autographed by Dave Feldberg!

    Time to close this one out and blow them out to the public!

    It was probably not a good idea to manufacture a DVD of a B-Tier event. But it's a heck of a lot more fun to watch on the couch then sitting in front of a computer looking at YouTube.

    Dave was cool enough to autograph the remaining DVD's and we're blowing what's leftover at manufacturing cost to just get rid of them!

    eBay and Paypal take about $1.80 between them and so at $5.99, this is a pretty good deal.

    Think of it as getting a personal lesson with Dave Feldberg, the current #1 disc golfer in Pro disc golf for $5.99!

    http://cgi.ebay.com/2007-Rose-City-O...item45f54d55b2
    Steve
    http://www.BullseyeDiscGolf.com

  • #2
    I am watching this right now, actually.

    You should really call this the "Oh, Ken! Open". Gilmore is my favorite disc golfer.
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Sam View Post
      I am watching this right now, actually.

      You should really call this the "Oh, Ken! Open". Gilmore is my favorite disc golfer.
      I like it because it's fun to watch Andrew Rich and Dave throw totally different routes / shots on almost every hole. Gilmore has a great variety of shots and makes it even more diverse.

      If you watch a worlds dvd with Kenny, Dave, Barry and Doss, they almost all throw the same shot / route on every hole.

      Dave is a "scientist" when it comes to DG technique. You'd think it would be easier to imitate the way he throws but it's not easy at all. The way he throws his backhand drives, it looks so effortless you'd think he'd never get tired.

      Dave is working on polishing curriculum for "Dave's Driving School" this winter. I'm signing up! I don't have a problem with amputating everything from the neck down and starting over if I can end up throwing backhand drives like Dave!
      Steve
      http://www.BullseyeDiscGolf.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks Loocid!

        I can try to answer your questions to some degree as I am helping Dave update and maintain his website (davefeldberg.com) and have been asking him a lot of these same questions.

        Dave first started playing disc golf in Michigan and played a lot of golf as an amateur with Al "Sugar" Schack who is an "old school" member of Team Innova.

        http://innovadiscs.com/team/champion...al-schack.html

        I have a VHS video of the 2000 USDGC and if I recall correctly Al Schack threw a -12 to storm back from the 2nd card to steal 2nd place behind Ken Climo. If you look at the scores really good players are shooting at this event, you get a pretty good idea how tough a -12 is on that course.

        Here's a current look at his game on the lead Pro Masters card from 2008.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPRxLl6SZ0o

        He's one of these "steady freddy" guys that never really gets in trouble.

        Then the story as I heard it is that Dave, while still an amateur, drove down to Florida and knocked on Ken Climo's door and the rest is history. Sounds like the Skywalker, Obi Wan, and Yoda story!

        Sure Kenny probably hates losing to Dave but you can't really deny helping someone who has the right attitude.

        Do you really think Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin and David Gilmour of Pink Floyd would say no to teaching a promising young guitarist because they might sell a few less CD's if someone got really huge?

        The funny thing with Disc Golf is that many players above 950 rating have too much ego and can't stomach being told they are doing it all wrong. So the people that need it the most are typically the people who can't handle criticism.
        Steve
        http://www.BullseyeDiscGolf.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Bullseye Disc Golf.com View Post
          Thanks Loocid!

          I can try to answer your questions to some degree as I am helping Dave update and maintain his website (davefeldberg.com) and have been asking him a lot of these same questions.

          Dave first started playing disc golf in Michigan and played a lot of golf as an amateur with Al "Sugar" Schack who is an "old school" member of Team Innova.

          http://innovadiscs.com/team/champion...al-schack.html

          I have a VHS video of the 2000 USDGC and if I recall correctly Al Schack threw a -12 to storm back from the 2nd card to steal 2nd place behind Ken Climo. If you look at the scores really good players are shooting at this event, you get a pretty good idea how tough a -12 is on that course.

          Here's a current look at his game on the lead Pro Masters card from 2008.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPRxLl6SZ0o

          He's one of these "steady freddy" guys that never really gets in trouble.

          Then the story as I heard it is that Dave, while still an amateur, drove down to Florida and knocked on Ken Climo's door and the rest is history. Sounds like the Skywalker, Obi Wan, and Yoda story!

          Sure Kenny probably hates losing to Dave but you can't really deny helping someone who has the right attitude.

          Do you really think Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin and David Gilmour of Pink Floyd would say no to teaching a promising young guitarist because they might sell a few less CD's if someone got really huge?

          The funny thing with Disc Golf is that many players above 950 rating have too much ego and can't stomach being told they are doing it all wrong. So the people that need it the most are typically the people who can't handle criticism.
          I'm going to go buy one now.
          Breeze Huckin Master

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Bullseye Disc Golf.com View Post
            Then the story as I heard it is that Dave, while still an amateur, drove down to Florida and knocked on Ken Climo's door and the rest is history. Sounds like the Skywalker, Obi Wan, and Yoda story!
            I've heard the same story from Dave... only instead of Luke Skywalker, I always pictured the scene from Fight Club. Climo inside making soap. Feldberg just hanging out on the front porch waiting for his chance.
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

            Comment


            • #7
              Ha! I forgot to mention that last weekend at the Charlie Vettiner Open in Louisville, KY, Dave had to settle for second place behind Kenny, so it's clearly not over between these 2 yet.

              http://www.pdga.com/tournament-resul...rnID=9763#Open

              So check this out, Dave turned Pro in 2000. Look at his level of commitment to the game of disc golf only 1 year after turning pro. He even took 2nd in an NT (Kansas City Wide Open) the year after his rookie year.

              http://www.pdga.com/player-stats?PDG...2626&year=2001

              I didn't think it was humanly possible to play that many tourneys in one year. So if you were Kenny, how could you say no to someone that committed?

              Dave will announce on this forum when signups open for Dave's Driving School. It is not an invite event. 1st come 1st serve. Probably limited space but he doesn't expect it to fill because like I said a lot of players have too much ego and can't handle being told they're doing it all wrong, especially if they can already throw 400' +.

              Remember the scene in Kill Bill where Uma goes to Pai Mei's kung fu training camp in China?

              It's not quite that bad. I was lucky enough to get 1 one on one lesson with Dave. For me it's all about the fun factor. I'm too busy for tourney golf these days but it is amazing to see how the disc EXPLODES out Dave's hand with such pinpoint control. If I can get closer to that then it's worth it just for the fun of it. The sound of the disc ripping out of his hand is like nothing I've ever heard before. It really sounds more like a crossbow than a golf swing.

              Dave's shooting for a 5 class package for $100.00. The goal is to add 100' of D with 5 classes of instruction.
              Steve
              http://www.BullseyeDiscGolf.com

              Comment


              • #8
                Jeff Hagerty, Jay Harbour, Jason McGrew and I played a round of Golf in Kansas City with Al "Sugar" Shack and Liz Carr during some practice rounds at 2009 Worlds. The guy is so cool and laid back, he makes golf look easy and is fun to play with. I could see playing with him on a regular basis improving anyone's game.


                Dave also had some instruction from a few other local Michigan pros in his preparation to Disc Golf Stardom. There was an article in the Disc Golf magazine a few years ago after his worlds win that talked about his disc golf history.
                PDGA #25296
                Stumptown #34

                Comment


                • #9
                  Al was also nice enough to take the picture, I am assuming?
                  ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Sam, you talked about Fight Club.
                    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                    ...but it plays one on TV.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Bullseye Disc Golf.com View Post
                      Time to close this one out and blow them out to the public!

                      It was probably not a good idea to manufacture a DVD of a B-Tier event. But it's a heck of a lot more fun to watch on the couch then sitting in front of a computer looking at YouTube.

                      Dave was cool enough to autograph the remaining DVD's and we're blowing what's leftover at manufacturing cost to just get rid of them!

                      eBay and Paypal take about $1.80 between them and so at $5.99, this is a pretty good deal.
                      This is a really entertaining DVD and I enjoyed it much! Thanks for the super quick shipping and I agree, it is a great deal! By the way, does anyone know if the course record 45 that Andrew Rich carded the RCO 2007 2nd Round @ Pier has since been broken? (9 down is sick!)
                      Last edited by Fridgecat; September 18th, 2010, 04:29 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I just watched this DVD again a week or two ago. I forgot how bad I played the 2nd and 3rd rounds... so hard to watch. :-( I love the commentary from Nate and Coury and wish I could've heard Ollis better. Lots of fun disc golf to watch!

                        Comment

                        Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X