Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cafe press/Eugene Disc Golf Club

http://www.cafepress.com/dd/19433915

This came up as an ad on my facebook page. Anyone know who runs this page? Looks like they sell all sorts of printed stuff, some cool designs. Hope the club is getting a cut if not at least the artist.

If it IS the club doing it, I think they could probably find a more lucrative venue. The "base price" for items on CafePress.com is pretty high. (Here's how it works: the base price on a t-shirt is $14.99; if you sell it for $20, you pocket $5.01.)

That said, CafePress is very easy to set up, which is why they're able to get away with $15 per t-shirt.
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Interesting. So, anyone can submit a design to that website and they sell, produce it, and you get a small cut? I was kind of curious how a company came up with so many good disc golf designs.

Comment

Originally posted by Celeste View Post
        So, anyone can submit a design to that website and they sell, produce it, and you get a small cut?
        Yes, that's exactly it. You upload your images, then set up a "store" that contains various related products. You can trade in your profits for CafePress merchandise (a great deal for CP), or you can have them send you a check.
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I do believe that this was set up about 4 years ago. And to be completely honest---I'm not sure who set it up and where the proceeds go. I have ordered a couple of shirts just to have EDGC stuff.

I'll do a little inquiring and find out where the proceeds go.

Rebecca
          PDGA President

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X