X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Friday Special!!!!

For Anyone interested In Buying A Bag From GBDS We Are Having Free Shipping All Day Friday!!!

all you have to do is use the coupon code "free" when you check out!

www.gorilla-boy.com/store

I have been planning to buy a Simian bag... can't decide between orange, green, or camo... could you possibly show a picture of the Simian in the camo? Also, I noticed that all colors have gray as their secondary color... is it possible to have an Orange/camo bag made, or are the fabrics not interchangeable?
    Thanks either way... I tried on my friend Tim's Simian and it was comfortable to wear and sit on-- well designed and constructed-- what's next, a built in telescoping umbrella?
    Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Puttzinski View Post
      ... is it possible to have an Orange/camo bag made
      Only if you get the model with the gun rack and skinning blade.

On a sort of related topic, I told you I was planning on beefing up the bottom of my bag, taking a cue from the Phenix bags. Well, I did, and here's the results (in all their amateur glory):

I haven't gotten a chance to try it out yet, as the only course I've played since putting the coating on has been North Park, and its a bit much bag for NP. I think its gonna be a winner though. One great thing about this bag is that the way the discs are arranged, they don't get wet from the ground up like in other bags, so the waterproofing part of it is mainly for the pockets. But now the whole bottom is reinforced for even more durability, and an added bonus is that it makes the pockets and bottle holders a little more rigid to keep the incidental motion down while you're walking.
      Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

I'm loving my GB Chimpanzee. Holds what I want it to AND looks cool in Camo.

Bob

Comment

Looks good Tim... that was a good DIY project-- what was the name of the product that you used? You'll have to report back as to how it holds up. I would like to do this for all of my disc golf bags/packs, and perhaps even an old pair of dg shoes.

What color should I get in the Simian... orange, camo, or green?
          Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

I like my Kong in Green... One of the sponsored players for Gorilla Boy has his bag in like orange+camo or something like that... I like to think camo or green match disc golf while orange is just an eye sore, what happens if you wear an orange disc golf shirt?... they can see you from the moon...

Comment

I like the green too, though it's not for everyone. If you scroll down a bit, dgdave has pics of his green Simian up. http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums...sd=a&start=105 I think all the colors offered are good, though I wish he still was doing red. I personally would never get a camo bag, if only for the practical reason that there have been instances where I've had troubles finding my red bags after spending some time stomping around in the schule.

As to my DIY Line-X job, I used this stuff called Grizzly Grip. I don't think I'll have any issues with it holding up, the stuff is weird, like liquid rubberized plastic that does NOT come off once it's on. If you look in the pics, you can see some spots of masking tape that are like permanently embedded in the stuff. I'll just have to hope the weather wears those away!

Comment

I looked at the GrizGrip site and all of the uses they talked about were on rigid surfaces. Any questions about it remaining flexible and watertight? Looks like good stuff for my stairs.
                The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

I don't think the flexibility should be an issue, it's pretty rubbery in texture, almost like old chewing gum you find on the bottom of a desk, but denser, and way more adhesive. The only issue I could see is if UV affects it some way, but so far as I can tell, all UV does is make it fade. I think for most people, putting this stuff on a flexible surface doesn't even occur to them. It never occurred to me until I saw the Line-X on the Phenix bags. This stuff isn't as thick or rigid as the Line-X I've felt on those...though I probably could have put another layer or 2 on if I wanted. The biggest difficulty I found was trying to mask off sections well across the curves and folds...some places worked better than others. If anyone wants to do similar stuff to their bags, I'm happy to give pointers on what to do/avoid.

And yeah, this stuff would be great on stairs.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Puttzinski View Post
                    I have been planning to buy a Simian bag... can't decide between orange, green, or camo... could you possibly show a picture of the Simian in the camo? Also, I noticed that all colors have gray as their secondary color... is it possible to have an Orange/camo bag made, or are the fabrics not interchangeable?
                    Thanks either way... I tried on my friend Tim's Simian and it was comfortable to wear and sit on-- well designed and constructed-- what's next, a built in telescoping umbrella?
                    all I got in stock right now is 1 camo and 3 black simian's...I might be putting some up for pre-orders again since I am working on other stock right now..and dont know how long it will take to get more simian's in stock at this time

I dont do any "custom" color choices right now I used to but had to get away from it since I dont have that kind of time any more to do the custom stuff...I am considering doing special runs though here and there of colors and what not..

Comment

I think I want to do this to my bag. How much did you buy? Did you use the fine or course? Any tips would be appreciated.

Comment

free shipping for black friday dont forget!!

Comment

we are extending the free shipping sale through Saturday!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gorillaboy View Post
                            we are extending the free shipping sale through saturday!!!
                            okay thanks for letting us know i like big font i like big font i like big font

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                              Only if you get the model with the gun rack and skinning blade.

On a sort of related topic, I told you I was planning on beefing up the bottom of my bag, taking a cue from the Phenix bags. Well, I did, and here's the results (in all their amateur glory):

I haven't gotten a chance to try it out yet, as the only course I've played since putting the coating on has been North Park, and its a bit much bag for NP. I think its gonna be a winner though. One great thing about this bag is that the way the discs are arranged, they don't get wet from the ground up like in other bags, so the waterproofing part of it is mainly for the pockets. But now the whole bottom is reinforced for even more durability, and an added bonus is that it makes the pockets and bottle holders a little more rigid to keep the incidental motion down while you're walking.

Awesome Tim, I'm going to have to check this out!
                              'Weekend 4 Women':
                              Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                              Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X