Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe's going out of Business - Cheaper Discs?

Well I thought they were going to get a bailout, but it looks like Joes is starting liquidation sakes today. Heading over there tonight to check to see if that includes there discs.
    Huh...I didn't even see that tree.
    PDGA #37890
    Stumptown #157
    ODW TDG 10-11
    3C&D TDG 09-10

Originally posted by D-Walk View Post
    Well I thought they were going to get a bailout, but it looks like Joes is starting liquidation sakes today. Heading over there tonight to check to see if that includes there discs.
    It should. It will be a standard liquidation. Most stuff will be 10-20% right away, and increasing over time. By the time the disccount hits 50% most of the good stuff (including discs) will be gone.

RIP GI Joes. I'll miss the sidewalk sales.

Comment

I was in Joes yesterday and the disc's were at 20%. As I understand it the company that is doing the liquidation will mark up all of the prices then give a discount. The deals won't come for nearly a month and as Scott says anything good will be gone. Still, I might go look.

Bob

Comment

If the liquidation is anything like Circuit City's, we could look to see some sweet deals...$49.99 for a DX Shark--50% off "retail" price!
        Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

RIP Joes.

Say what you will regarding their disc selection and prices, overall the store was still pretty useful for outdoor stuff. Ah the days of waiting in line for concert tickets outside the (don't call it GI) Joes in Delta Park... Good times.
          TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

Say it ain't so, Joe!
            The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
            ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

I looked for "deals" at the Linens 'n' Things liquidation, and it was basically a scam. Like OTH Bob said, they mark up the prices to create artificial discounts.
              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I heard a sporting goods company back east (Boston?) purchased Joes inventory. I buy a state park parking pass there and headlights for my car. The one on Ceder Hills has been there since I was a kid. Maybe they can put a Walmart there in it's place.
                "Operator! Give me the number for 911! " - Homer S.

Comment

Maybe Dicks should just buy Joe out????
                  "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Ugh. I hate Dick's. It's 100% brand-driven.

Truth is, most of the "sporting goods" stores these days suck. I went into Joe's recently to buy new volleyball kneepads, and they had one pair tucked away on an endcap somewhere. Four years ago, they had a whole wall with different styles and colors.

The loss of Joe's is disappointing because of the outdoors stuff, though. And has the Sportsman's Warehouse in Clackamas folded as well? (Edit: no, it turns out 15 SW stores were bought by a Canadian company and will survive for the time being.)
                    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by zippyboy View Post
                      RIP Joes.

Say what you will regarding their disc selection and prices, overall the store was still pretty useful for outdoor stuff. Ah the days of waiting in line for concert tickets outside the (don't call it GI) Joes in Delta Park... Good times.

Indeed. I'll miss sitting outside the one here in Milwaukie at 8 a.m. sipping a Mimosa, waiting anxiously to make sure I get good tix. Ha!

I'll also miss going there for snowshoe rentals and sno park passes. I'm sure we can get this stuff elsewhere, it was just convenient for us to hit the Joe's.

Boooo.

Comment

Originally posted by Susie Sunshine View Post
                        Indeed. I'll miss sitting outside the one here in Milwaukie at 8 a.m. sipping a Mimosa, waiting anxiously to make sure I get good tix. Ha!

I'll also miss going there for snowshoe rentals and sno park passes. I'm sure we can get this stuff elsewhere, it was just convenient for us to hit the Joe's.

Boooo.
                        my first bball shoes there countless concerts ill miss it too
                        sigpichttp://www.facebook.com/pages/Disc-G...k/115726924682

Comment

I have many memories of GI Joes - more than most as I worked there for five years. Seemed like a sucky job at the time, but I look back and smile now.

Not a big fan of the direction the store has been going for the past few years.
                          Trying too hard to reach the high-end shopper. Still a great place to go for camping/hiking equipment and usually cheaper than REI.

Comment

I went over to Joe's on my lunch break to check it out(Mount Vernon) All athletic equipment including discs were 20% off. Hmmmmm..........$19.99 for star plastic take 20% off thats $16 for star plus tax..... not much to choose from.........take that back lots of Lightning to chose from.
                            WORK LESS THROW MORE
                            http://www.grippt.com

Comment

It is really sad to see G.I. Joe's go. Yes I said G.I. Joe's that's what I grew up calling, and I am sticking to it. I have a lot of childhood & teen memories there. My dad used to take us to the big store that used to be south of Delta park on Vancouver. It was so big it was in like three buildings, and it had all the old painted bomb casings lining the parking lots. Actully some of those old bomb casings are still there. Then there was the Jean Machine where all the cool kids shoped for their cloths back in the day.

Cindy
                              Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                              2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                              Stumptown #176
                              PDGA #37716

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X