Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2007 Rose City Open DVD is Available Now!

It's been a long road and the 2007 Rose City Open DVD is finally complete and in stock!

http://www.bullseyediscgolf.com

The reviews and response so far have been amazing. I can truly say without ego that this is one of the finest disc golf DVD's ever made. I have seen nearly every disc golf DVD ever made and I believe this one raises the bar.

The fact that this one is a year and a half late and is a B Tier doesn't really detract from the relevance of this awesome footage. This footage is probably the best footage available of the awesome technique of current World Champion, Dave Feldberg. If you have seen his new instructional DVD with Ken Climo, the 2007 RCO DVD is a perfect compliment as it illustrates his tips and techniques in the real world.

My main complaint with other DG DVD's is that they try and pack too much footage and too many shots in the DVD and you don't really get a feel for how a lead card "flows." Most other DVD's only show players release the disc and you rarely get to see how they line up and negotiate their shots.

If you haven't seen the trailer, you can see it at the link below or just do a search for Rose City Open on YouTube. The Showcase Final 9 of the 2008 Rose City Open is available here to see as well.

http://bullseyediscgolf.com/video.html

More detailed descriptions are available at the links provided. Enjoy!
    Last edited by Bullseye Disc Golf.com; March 25th, 2009, 11:00 PM.
    Steve
    http://www.BullseyeDiscGolf.com

I got my copy today!

Unfortunately, I can't get it to play in my DVD player (which is weird, since it usually plays any and every kind of media) and I can't get it to play in my laptop either. In fact, my laptop thinks it is an empty disc and asks if I want to burn something on it.

I'll keep at it to see if I can get it working...

Comment

I tried another computer and I couldn't get it to work there, either, so I'm 0 for 3.

By the way, are these discs pressed? The one I have is purple underneath and appears to be a writeable DVD. It looks empty, for what its worth. Maybe I just got a bad one?

Comment

I got mine today

Originally posted by KenGilmore View Post
        I tried another computer and I couldn't get it to work there, either, so I'm 0 for 3.

By the way, are these discs pressed? The one I have is purple underneath and appears to be a writeable DVD. It looks empty, for what its worth. Maybe I just got a bad one?
        Mine came in the mail today and it plays fine.
        PDGA 38153
        STUMPTOWN 158

Comment

Originally posted by topdawgy58 View Post
          Mine came in the mail today and it plays fine.
          Is yours purple on the bottom?

Comment

yup its purple on the Bottom of the DVD. I am sure Steve will give you another if it is bad. Send him a Email.
            PDGA 38153
            STUMPTOWN 158

Comment

Love the Video!!!
              Last edited by Harpua_OR; March 28th, 2009, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Steve is taking care of me, so I should be getting a new DVD in the mail early next week. I guess the anticipation just needs to last a couple of days longer.

He also mentioned that he will be looking at each DVD before shipping them out so others don't have to go through the same thing. Oddly, he did a random sample of the discs and every one he checked worked just fine. Talk about bad luck!

I can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by KenGilmore View Post
                  Steve is taking care of me, so I should be getting a new DVD in the mail early next week. I guess the anticipation just needs to last a couple of days longer.

He also mentioned that he will be looking at each DVD before shipping them out so others don't have to go through the same thing. Oddly, he did a random sample of the discs and every one he checked worked just fine. Talk about bad luck!

I can't wait!
                  From what I've heard of it, it's worth the wait!

Comment

2007 Rose City Open Quality Control

OK folks here's the official update...

I used a company called Discmakers.com for duplicating 100 copies of this DVD. The manufacturing process is a little confusing but I'll give you the skinny. There are 2 kinds of disc manufacturing. Replication and Duplication. Replication is like your store bought DVD Hollywood movies. They require a minimum order of 1000 copies. Duplication is basically the same as burning them on your home computer but the artwork on the disc and the box is the same as Replication.

Replication produces more reliable discs but requires an order of 1000. Duplication is ideal for short runs but is more prone to rejects. In some cases some Duplicated discs will not play on some cheaper DVD players at all.

As a result, the few rejects that have appeared have now forced me to have to personally inspect and test each and every disc. This is an agonizing process that I did not think I would have to do but I will weed out the bad ones from my 100 inventory and seek compensation from the manufacturer.

As far as ordering goes I will guarantee anyone who orders will get a fully functioning DVD. In some rare cases a DVD that is tested on my crummy DVD player will work but then won't work on someone's player at home. If in the rare case your DVD player or computer won't play it at all, I will give you back a full refund including shipping so don't worry!

steve
                    Steve

Comment

I already assumed you would guarantee it, and had already ordered one.
                      Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                      Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                      Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                      Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                      Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Worth the wait!

Big props to Nate, Corey, Ollis, and Steve on the commentating!

It wasn't as painful to watch myself as I thought it would be. It was tough not playing well. My wife enjoyed making fun of me, though.

Comment

Glad you liked it!

You played some solid golf on that video Ken! C'mon, you never dipped lower than the 2nd card and you just happened to be there while Andrew birdied every other hole and shot the highest rated round (1052) in Pier tourney history. Like Nate said on the video, you had just turned Pro and you didn't even accept cash (just under $100) to keep Am status. Now that you're a well seasoned Pro, I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot more KG on the lead cards and in a lot more DVD's to come!

Best of luck for 09'!
                          Last edited by Bullseye Disc Golf.com; March 31st, 2009, 01:43 AM.
                          Steve

Comment

Hi, Steve -

Sounds like a nice vid, good video often takes a long time to produce. I empathize with you on the dulication issues. Getting bummer discs isn't fun. I'd recommend you consider getting yourself a multi-target duplicator and making them yourself perhaps. The duplicator can be set to automatically scan each copy to be sure it's an exact duplicate of the original (or the image file on the hard drive). The machine can also detect whether your Master is valid from end to end, so that you know you've got a good product to start with, bit-wise at least. Don't let these problems get you down, there are always flaky machines out there and playback problems are going to happen...

If you'd like to share some of your material with folks across the country, it would be nice to sample a bit of the action in a future episode of Disc Golf Live video magazine. There are some exciting developments, broadcast wise, in the NW, and it would be nice to get a little local NW content for those viewers. Let me know what you think.

Best regards,

Joe
                            Joe Wander
                            Producer and Editor
                            Disc Golf Live video magazine
                            www.discgolflive.com
                            Bringing DG to TV, one community at a time

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...