Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping Discs

Yo-

Can anyone provide insights on best practices in shipping discs? How do you package discs for shipping? Who do you ship through? Is there a type of shipping that you recommend? Tips and tricks (no mom jokes please)?

Thanks for your help!

JP

I have shipped hundreds successfully in bubble mailers I buy in bulk at OfficeMax. They have "driver-sized" mailers that mids, putters, doubles wont fit in... And slightly larger for the latter. I keep cardboard handy to add a little rigidity for nicer stuff/or to slide between two discs (rims to cardboard, not top plate). And I always use gallon size ziplocs for new or nice plastic. I've had good luck with USPS (always get priority with tracking just to keep everyone honest. Discaroo...) super slow shipping with ups. For bigger lots USPS has perfect sized free boxes when you ship priority.
    -bad practice- I've received discs mangled, stabbed, warped from being in too small of envelops, or just too thin paper envelopes. Had a mint 4x valk show up with nice bubble sheet taped to it, only to lift the stamp off when I removed bubble sheet.

All these precautions cost a little more, but deter damage.
    Hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by motordisc13 View Post
      I have shipped hundreds successfully in bubble mailers I buy in bulk at OfficeMax. They have "driver-sized" mailers that mids, putters, doubles wont fit in... And slightly larger for the latter. I keep cardboard handy to add a little rigidity for nicer stuff/or to slide between two discs (rims to cardboard, not top plate). And I always use gallon size ziplocs for new or nice plastic. I've had good luck with USPS (always get priority with tracking just to keep everyone honest. Discaroo...) super slow shipping with ups. For bigger lots USPS has perfect sized free boxes when you ship priority.
      -bad practice- I've received discs mangled, stabbed, warped from being in too small of envelops, or just too thin paper envelopes. Had a mint 4x valk show up with nice bubble sheet taped to it, only to lift the stamp off when I removed bubble sheet.

All these precautions cost a little more, but deter damage.
      Hope this helps!
      Thanks, Eli!

Comment

If you plan on mailing a bunch of individual pieces of plastic hit up Costco and get a box of bubble envelopes. About ~$.50 per... A bit cheaper than any office store. I re-use a few plastic shopping bags for cushion . I've only used USPS and have yet to have a problem.

The cheapest you can ship a disc now days is 2.92. (unless you tell a fib to the post man and say "it's a book" then you get the media rate) Of course the price goes up with the amount of cushion you add. If I am shipping a higher price item, I get tracking, otherwise I skip it.

For 8-11 disc I go with the Priority box. The cost to ship is 12.35. Most of my transaction have been through eBay and DGCR and have had 0 issues... (jinxed myself)

PS I'll let you try out my Mystery Ranch bag at ASC... I know how you like the compact/sleek design.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
          If you plan on mailing a bunch of individual pieces of plastic hit up Costco and get a box of bubble envelopes. About ~$.50 per... A bit cheaper than any office store. I re-use a few plastic shopping bags for cushion . I've only used USPS and have yet to have a problem.

The cheapest you can ship a disc now days is 2.92. (unless you tell a fib to the post man and say "it's a book" then you get the media rate) Of course the price goes up with the amount of cushion you add. If I am shipping a higher price item, I get tracking, otherwise I skip it.

For 8-11 disc I go with the Priority box. The cost to ship is 12.35. Most of my transaction have been through eBay and DGCR and have had 0 issues... (jinxed myself)
          Thanks, Mr. Anderson!

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
          PS I'll let you try out my Mystery Ranch bag at ASC... I know how you like the compact/sleek design.
          Great, now I will have to hire a team of Sherpas or rent a pair of burros for that weekend.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X