X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New course work party 9/22 & 9/23 Cacade Locks

Come check out the next course to be added to the greater Portland area, and be a part of making it happen. Just 30min from Blue Lake DGC, take exit 44 off I-84. go 3/4 mile to a left on Forest ln, then go 1mile to a left on Cramblett ln, than go 500ft to first road on rt(un-named), and you are there. Discvango will be out there both days with a brush hog. We need loppers, line trimmers and mowers. Looking to get the remaining fairways cleared so we can start forming the tee pads and get them poured before winter sets in. Drinks will be provided. Working on hamburger lunch at local restaurant, if not pb&j lunch will be provided. On site camping is free, but primative, no water or toilets. KOA 1/4 mile away, cabins available. Please call 503-329-5954 for more info. Thanks, hope to see ya there.

Originally posted by Dc Dan View Post
    Come check out the next course to be added to the greater Portland area, and be a part of making it happen. Just 30min from Blue Lake DGC, take exit 44 off I-84. go 3/4 mile to a left on Forest ln, then go 1mile to a left on Cramblett ln, than go 500ft to first road on rt(un-named), and you are there. Discvango will be out there both days with a brush hog. We need loppers, line trimmers and mowers. Looking to get the remaining fairways cleared so we can start forming the tee pads and get them poured before winter sets in. Drinks will be provided. Working on hamburger lunch at local restaurant, if not pb&j lunch will be provided. On site camping is free, but primative, no water or toilets. KOA 1/4 mile away, cabins available. Please call 503-329-5954 for more info. Thanks, hope to see ya there.
    Will this be an 18 hole course? How big? Milo-ish, Timber-ish, Hornings Canyon-ish? Private, public, pay to play? Just curious. Thanks Dan!

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
      Will this be an 18 hole course? How big? Milo-ish, Timber-ish, Hornings Canyon-ish? Private, public, pay to play? Just curious. Thanks Dan!

Bob
      Hey bob not trying be be a ass( I love ya bob) but why don't you go to the work party and find out. Just a thought.
      PDGA # 31451
      2 Mini Aces
      75 Aces
      PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
      DISC GOLF OR DIE
      BOB CABAL
      DISCVANGO
      JEFF ELLIOT
      G-MAN
      JORDAN LEWIS
      JEFF HAGERTY
      JAMES GARCELON
      SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by chris7graham View Post
        Hey bob not trying be be a ass( I love ya bob) but why don't you go to the work party and find out. Just a thought.
        That's right Bob. How DARE you have any curiosity regarding a course before first putting in time at a work party. That is extremely guarded infomrmation only given out to the chosen few. What exactly have you ever done for the disc community anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
          That's right Bob. How DARE you have any curiosity regarding a course before first putting in time at a work party. That is extremely guarded infomrmation only given out to the chosen few. What exactly have you ever done for the disc community anyway?
          Boy glad I didn't ask about those work parties at Orchard.

Chris you know I would probably be there but my body says I don't dare right now. I ask also because if there is something I can do outside of hurting myself instead of healing myself I might be able to.

Bob

Comment

Hey Bob, it is going to be a 18 hole course. I would say between Canyon and Milo... maybe wrong, but fairly large. It is public land and it is going to have parking and a driving range as well. Lots of land surrounding the area for temp tourney play or further expansion. The terrain varies from wide open and flat to hilly and heavily wooded. A great variety of shots and wind directions will come into play. I hope to make it out to the next work party and can't wait to see the progress! This will be one GREAT course IMHO. Cheers everyone!
            "Id rather have my worst day on the golf course, than my best day at work." -wiseman

"It never rains on the golf course"- Grandpa

Comment

Originally posted by WavyLays View Post
              Hey Bob, it is going to be a 18 hole course. I would say between Canyon and Milo... maybe wrong, but fairly large. It is public land and it is going to have parking and a driving range as well. Lots of land surrounding the area for temp tourney play or further expansion. The terrain varies from wide open and flat to hilly and heavily wooded. A great variety of shots and wind directions will come into play. I hope to make it out to the next work party and can't wait to see the progress! This will be one GREAT course IMHO. Cheers everyone!
              Thank you for the information. This is great news for the Disc Golf Community. I will try to make out to the next work party as well. If nothing else maybe I can grill up some dogs to feed everyone.

Bob

Comment

Do what I did last Saturday, Bob: tell other people about the work party who wouldn't otherwise know about it. I attended by proxy.
                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Adam that is one of the most important things people can do IMO. Spreading the word to people outside our on line DG community. Thanks a ton from everyone who is going to enjoy this course in the future (myself included). And Bob it would be great to see you out there, if even just to walk the course and see what is in store. Hope everyone is having a great day!
                  "Id rather have my worst day on the golf course, than my best day at work." -wiseman

"It never rains on the golf course"- Grandpa

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X