Help us organize 100 volunteers Oct. 14th, Woodland Creek Park Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help us organize 100 volunteers Oct. 14th, Woodland Creek Park

This is the big one Elizabeth! The Lacey Parks dept. has promised us a group of 100 volunteers to help us build our course. I have 10, but I need about 10 more dedicated work party leaders to commit show up that day and run a crew. Ideally, we will have 2 of us for every 10 of them. 12 people per hole plus a roaming crew of 12 = potential for getting a LOT of work done!

We will be having a meeting at the course for the leaders prior to the "big one" to get everybody set up with a hole and or task. Let me know if you are interested.

Chris
    A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

I should be able to help
    I'll double check my calendar and repost if I can't make it

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
      I should be able to help
      I'll double check my calendar and repost if I can't make it
      Thanks Matt. I was hoping I would here from you!

Comment

this will be a sunday, correct?

Comment

this will be a sunday, correct?
          Yes.

Comment

What about tools?
            Park, us, or them?

Comment

The park will be providing a wood chipper and two staff to run it. We need wheel burrows, shovels, rakes, loppers, machetes, goats, and gloves. Wheel burrows are going to be the most important. We plan on having a lot of wood chips, we need to be able to move them!

Comment

I have 2+ of everything I can bring
                As long as you promise I will still have 2+ of everything at the day

Comment

I have 2+ of everything I can bring
                  As long as you promise I will still have 2+ of everything at the day
                  I can't promise anything, but as many job sites as you have been on, you should know to label your tools!

BTW thanks Matt!

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
                    The park will be providing a wood chipper and two staff to run it. We need wheel burrows, shovels, rakes, loppers, machetes, goats, and gloves. Wheel burrows are going to be the most important. We plan on having a lot of wood chips, we need to be able to move them!
                    That's right... label your goats too! or at least dye them a bright color.

I've been a proponent of encouraging our Fairgrounds winter work parties to "trim as if you were a herd of goats" You have to nub it down to even make headway when the spring "Grow" hits. This winter I think we'll need to be even more aggressive than last year. ...it all grew back from April to June!

Comment

We are looking good for next Sunday. We have a bunch of trails cleared to remove all of the downed brush and limbs. I think we have all of the holes covered as far as leaders go, but I would love to get some more RSVP's.

We will be getting organized at 7:30. we will be on the course by 8am.

Comment

I will be there !!! I am trying to round up a few more folks, and I will be bringing wheel barrow and rake, shovel, lopers etc !!!

Comment

Originally posted by BAKE View Post
                          I will be there !!! I am trying to round up a few more folks, and I will be bringing wheel barrow and rake, shovel, lopers etc !!!
                          Good work Bake! I know I can always count on you. We will be cooking up lunch for all of us, so we have you covered there.

Comment

just a reminder and a couple of questions

thought i would throw out the reminder
                            no power/gas, tools are allowed
                            so, come help out, but bring hand/arm powered tools only

whats the major goal/work objective, going to be?

cut down and chip branches/brush, and also chip the piles that are already down?

also spread chips?

if so,
                            do we have enough wheelbarrows coming?
                            or do i need to borrow one from work?

Comment

dont forget your raingear either, just in case. and there is a possibility of rain this weekend. bad for work, but good for so many other things, including reopening of Shelton Springs!!!
                              Team HOSER:dancing:
                              Team OLY:cheerleader:
                              Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X