Clean Up Stub Stewart State Park Part 4, Sat Sep 8th 9 am @ Hilltop Day Use Area Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clean Up Stub Stewart State Park Part 4, Sat Sep 8th 9 am @ Hilltop Day Use Area

Hello Again,

We are pushing ahead and continuing our work party saga. At this rate we may have more installments than you favorite George Lucas story.

We will be meeting again at the Hilltop Day Use area 9 am. Please Bring gloves, long pants, long sleeves and some water. I will try to provide some drinks and snacks depending on the number of people who show. I have been able to keep up lately with the small numbers.

If you go out to play instead of work there may be some holes closed while we are working. Last work party there were plenty of players on the course to the point where it made it difficult to work through each stoppage to allow golfers to play though.

If you have the time and would enjoy seeing Stub in tip top shape sooner rather than later please stop by and lend a hand.
    PDGA #25296
    Stumptown #34

lookin' good!

thank you so much for all that you are doing and planning on doing.

stub looks better than ever... some really signifigant work (like the retaining wall on 9) makes for a great course...

keep having those work parties... after september i'll be able to make it to some, even!!!

thanks again, mike.
    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
      thank you so much for all that you are doing and planning on doing.

stub looks better than ever... some really signifigant work (like the retaining wall on 9) makes for a great course...

keep having those work parties... after september i'll be able to make it to some, even!!!

thanks again, mike.
      Emma it would be great if we could inspire people enough to want to come out and help us get more done faster. Any Reasonable Ideas?

I will take you up on the October support, we should have two more events in that month as well.
      PDGA #25296
      Stumptown #34

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
        Emma it would be great if we could inspire people enough to want to come out and help us get more done faster. Any Reasonable Ideas?

I will take you up on the October support, we should have two more events in that month as well.
        reasonable??? you know who you're talking to, right?

the first one that comes to mind is to organize one of the monthly chick flick events to come to stub on a work party day... work in the morning, potluck lunch, and then some golf... that was successful last year...

i will think on it. stub (and all golf courses) are important to me... i have always known how great it feels to work on a fairway or green and then get to play it, because that's how i was raised, the trick is instilling that in other people...
        "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
        Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Tomorrow is the day! Looks like its going to be great weather to work and play. Come one come all to Stub Stewart to help whip this course into shape.

Goal 1, reduce the risk of lost discs!
          Goal 2, make the course look better!
          Goal 3, Improve the skill level of players!
          PDGA #25296
          Stumptown #34

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
            Tomorrow is the day! Looks like its going to be great weather to work and play. Come one come all to Stub Stewart to help whip this course into shape.

Goal 1, reduce the risk of lost discs!
            Goal 2, make the course look better!
            Goal 3, Improve the skill level of players!
            Mike,

I know there is a bunch of stuff going on tomorrow. I hope you get a little help out there. I wish I could make it myself, but I'll be out at Trojan cleaning the course up for the ORDGC.

Thanks for all of your work at Stub!

Jeff
            "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

I am trying to see if my schedule will allow it tomorrow. Hopefully can make it up. I really like the course and I definitely don't mind spending some time to help improve it.
              "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

If you are planning to come out but not at 9 am find us down by holes 7 & 8 loading the 1 ton truck with debris, or by hole 9 building the retaining wall and stairs.
                PDGA #25296
                Stumptown #34

Comment

Well we had a work party of two. However we still managed to get the short green on 9 completed. The retaining wall and stairs are done, all stumps have been dug up and removed and the green has been smoothed out to create a nice landing zone.

We also managed to remove some logs and dead wood off the 7th fairway, we still have much more to do here but we are on our way. Just if the 1 ton truck could carry more wood.

Enjoy!
                  PDGA #25296
                  Stumptown #34

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X