Clean Up Stub Stewart State Park Part 3, Sat Aug 25th 9 am @ Hilltop Day Use Area Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clean Up Stub Stewart State Park Part 3, Sat Aug 25th 9 am @ Hilltop Day Use Area

This weekend Aug 25th @ 9 am Jeff Mittl will be leading a work party at Stub Stewart State Park. I will be running in the Hood to Coast Relay so I will be missing it.

The team will be working on some Building tasks near holes, 9 10 & 11.

The green of hole 9 needs to be finished with the stairs and platform work to level out the greens.

Hole 10 needs the platform behind the tee box built to allow for a run up on that tee shot.

Hole 10's fairway needs the tiered stairs up the fairway installed.

Hole 11 needs the green leveled and retaining wall built on the backside with stairs exiting the green on the right hand side.

All of these tasks are needed and significantly will improve the play of these holes. Plus these are the fun parts of course maintenance and installation so if you are not playing in the NAAC and want to help make this course better please lend you support to Jeff Mittl on Aug 25th 9 am @ the Hilltop day use area inside Stub Stewart State Park.
    Last edited by Flash; August 21st, 2012, 11:51 PM.
    PDGA #25296
    Stumptown #34

I think finally I can make one of these and play the course for the first time as well.
    "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

thank you to everyone (especially YOU, mike phillips) for all the work on this course. dad and i will be playing, spectating and volunteering this weekend at the NAAC but we do so appreciate having a course on our side of town!

i've been missing a ton of work parties recently but i promise they are not off my radar... it's just the way the cards/tournaments/slumber parties with my niece are falling these days.

thank you again to EVERYONE who makes these things happen.

work parties rock!!!
      "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
      Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

If anyone can come on out to Stub Stewart this weekend and help out Mittl and I we would REALLY appreciate it. Neither of us was planning on a work party this weekend, but since we have the focus of the ranger out there, we didn't want to pass up on this opportunity.

Thanks,

Jeff
        "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

I will be out a little later but I will be coming out.
          "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

anybody carpooling?

and besides gloves, other useful tools? rakes, picks, shovels?
            "good ol' Roc, nothin' beats that!"

Comment

Originally posted by pdxdiscer View Post
              and besides gloves, other useful tools? rakes, picks, shovels?
              Other than gloves, the rangers should have the tool situation covered.

Jeff
              "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
                This weekend Aug 25th @ 9 am Jeff Mittl will be leading a work party at Stub Stewart State Park. I will be running in the Hood to Coast Relay so I will be missing it.

The team will be working on some Building tasks near holes, 9 10 & 11.

The green of hole 9 needs to be finished with the stairs and platform work to level out the greens.

Hole 10 needs the platform behind the tee box built to allow for a run up on that tee shot.

Hole 10's fairway needs the tiered stairs up the fairway installed.

Hole 11 needs the green leveled and retaining wall built on the backside with stairs exiting the green on the right hand side.

All of these tasks are needed and significantly will improve the play of these holes. Plus these are the fun parts of course maintenance and installation so if you are not playing in the NAAC and want to help make this course better please lend you support to Jeff Mittl on Aug 25th 9 am @ the Hilltop day use area inside Stub Stewart State Park.
                Come on out to Stub Stewart and give the course some much needed TLC before summer's end! The listed tasks will make Stub more playable especially in the winter months. Please join us this Saturday for 2-3 hours worth of work! Drinks and snacks will be provided!
                Hope to see you there!
                Thanks,
                Jeff

Comment

Many thanks to those who came out to Stub Stewart to help us do a little clean up. We focused on the green for hole #9 where were able to drag almost all of the loose brush down the hill to the road where the rangers can chip it all up.

Thanks to:

Jeff Mittl
                  Murray the Brit
                  Greg MacKnight
                  Jason Phillips

Comment

Thanks guys for your hard work. I was out there today Tuesday Aug 28th to check out your hard work and to continue it. The brush you guys cleared off the hillside makes that fairway like night and day. It should be a lot easier to find discs off the fairway. I noticed that the rangers also chipped up the last of the piles by 11's basket and on the fairway of hole 10.

On my way back from Seaside this morning I stopped by the park to work with Brandon on Hole 9's short green. We dug out one stump on the green, we reworked the stairs location coming off the green and put it more at an angle to the trail. The eagle scout really did not get it right so we had to redo a bit of work on the retaining wall and stairs. These two greens on hole 9 are still going to need more work but it will be so nice when its done. We should have more level greens and nice walkways leading to and from the trail.
                    PDGA #25296
                    Stumptown #34

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X