Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clean up Stub Stewart, 9 am Sat July 28th

All,

We are organizing a work party to perform cleanup of down limbs and debris piles. We will have the assistance of seasonal rangers who will be operating the chipper machine. We will focus on the areas around holes 9, 10, 11 and possibly 7 & 13 depending on the number of people attending.

I am hoping to have two work parties a month through October at Stub Stewart in an effort to clean up and finish the course to a more playable state.

If you know anyone else who would be interested in helping but is not on this forum group please forward the message on.
    PDGA #25296
    Stumptown #34

If any one knows of a source for rock and earth that we could take advantage of to complete the green on hole 17 please let me know. We can pay for transportation if we can find a company that will donate the materials and deliver to the state park.

We may also be able to use the State Parks 1-ton truck to pick up the raw material if that also works. I would need to touch base with Steve Kruger on this before we decide to go that route.

Stumptown is a not-for-profit and we can provide our EIN number if the company needs it. The material is going to be used in L.L. Stub Stewart State Park on the disc golf course which is a benefit to the entire community.

If you can't make it to a work party please consider contributing by helping me find the raw earth and rock materials needed to complete hole 17's green!

John Ollis knows the amount of fill needed to complete this project and I will have him post it here.
    PDGA #25296
    Stumptown #34

Comment

Best Buy Bark in Hillsboro on Cornelius Pass Rd. has a sign for free fill dirt (503-645-6665).

Comment

Originally posted by discdog View Post
        Best Buy Bark in Hillsboro on Cornelius Pass Rd. has a sign for free fill dirt (503-645-6665).
        Thanks for the information discdog. I will give them a call. If you see anything else or offers for crushed rock or large rock please let me know as well.
        PDGA #25296
        Stumptown #34

Comment

All,

If you can make it this Saturday please try if not can you pass this opportunity onto others that may have time. We will try to play a round afterwords either as singles or doubles. I will bring some refreshments for you hard workers but you should also bring some water in case its relatively hot. Also bring gloves and I recommend pants or long shorts and work boots. Safety is paramount!
          PDGA #25296
          Stumptown #34

Comment

We are meeting at the hilltop day use area at 9am and we have the chipper today . Yeah, first time.

If you are coming after 9 head down near hole 10 tee pad and you will hear us.
            PDGA #25296
            Stumptown #34

Comment

We had a great day today at Stub Stewart. We managed to secure the help of a seasonal ranger Caleb who was stoked to help us out. We ended up towing the chipper into the course and chipping the pile of branches next to hole 10.

Then we parked the 1-ton truck behind hole 13 and filled it up twice with logs and branches that Caleb drove out and back for us. Thanks Erin, Matt, Dan and another awesome gentleman with a cool dog, I am sorry I seem to have forgotten your name but you rocked by providing muscle power and tunes.

Meanwhile when we were filling the truck a dedicated team of Logan and Eli assisted Caleb in stuffing the chipper with debris from below 11's basket. Yes that monster pile of debris that seems to grow daily. Although they did not get it all shredded they made a huge dent that will make the chance of completing it next time easier. This was no small task but they seemed to grind it out with no problem.

I am shooting for August 11th for the next work party. I am hoping to finish the pile on hole 11 walkout and start cleaning up hole 13 so we can get to hole 14. With some luck Steve Kruger will secure the help of an eagle scout group or two to work on the stair redesign on hole 9 and the fairway on hole 10.
              PDGA #25296
              Stumptown #34

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
                We had a great day today at Stub Stewart. We managed to secure the help of a seasonal ranger Caleb who was stoked to help us out. We ended up towing the chipper into the course and chipping the pile of branches next to hole 10.

Then we parked the 1-ton truck behind hole 13 and filled it up twice with logs and branches that Caleb drove out and back for us. Thanks Erin, Matt, Dan and another awesome gentleman with a cool dog, I am sorry I seem to have forgotten your name but you rocked by providing muscle power and tunes.

Meanwhile when we were filling the truck a dedicated team of Logan and Eli assisted Caleb in stuffing the chipper with debris from below 11's basket. Yes that monster pile of debris that seems to grow daily. Although they did not get it all shredded they made a huge dent that will make the chance of completing it next time easier. This was no small task but they seemed to grind it out with no problem.

I am shooting for August 11th for the next work party. I am hoping to finish the pile on hole 11 walkout and start cleaning up hole 13 so we can get to hole 14. With some luck Steve Kruger will secure the help of an eagle scout group or two to work on the stair redesign on hole 9 and the fairway on hole 10.
                Great stuff and thank you Mike and company!!! Sounds like a lot of work got done...

Comment

Great job guys, thanks for all the hard work. Sorry I could not help this weekend, committed to help on something else. I look forward to playing Stub soon and being able to find my plastic easier too.
                  PDGA# 49616
                  Stumptown# 353
                  OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X