X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cascade Locks DGC 7/8 10am

WORK PARTY: This Sunday 7/8 at 10am in Cascade Locks. The course is going to be located on the east end of town. From Wa Na Pa St.(main drag in town) head east, take Forest Ln on left and go down past Bear Mountain factory and turn left on Cramblett St.(just passed Bear Mountain), take first paved right and you should see folks at the end of the road. We will be doing lots of brush removal of thorny bushes so heavy gloves are recommended. Other tools we could use are loppers , extending loppers, line trimmers, basic brush tools. Water will be provided. Hope you can come join us in adding another course to the Gorge!

"Id rather have my worst day on the golf course, than my best day at work." -wiseman

"It never rains on the golf course"- Grandpa

will the layout be different than the layout played at the lock robster?
    Fear of any kind is the number one enemy of all golfers regardless of ball-striking and shot-making capabilities.

Comment

Oh no not the same place! Thank GAWD! Hahahaha. That is a epic layout but not something just any old disc golfer should play. This is going to be a much more friendly course.
      Last edited by WavyLays; July 6th, 2012, 04:36 PM.
      "Id rather have my worst day on the golf course, than my best day at work." -wiseman

Comment

Good to hear things are moving forward on a new project in the Gorge! I look forward to attending the next work party. Due to a prior commitment I will be unable to attend this Sunday. Stay hydrated and see you next time.

Comment

Sweet, look forward to seeing you. Here are a list of upcoming work parties for Cascade Locks : Sat July 14th, Sun July 22nd, Sat July 28th, and a two day work party August 11th&12th with free onsite camping!

Comment

Originally posted by columbia gorge discgolf View Post
            Good to hear things are moving forward on a new project in the Gorge! I look forward to attending the next work party. Due to a prior commitment I will be unable to attend this Sunday. Stay hydrated and see you next time.
            So, is CGDG a club or just a name you are using on the boards? I have heard rumor that it is, or may become a club. Is there any truth to this? Thanks and have great weekend.

Comment

Columbia gorge disc golf formed in 2009 as a non profit. That way I had a bank account to keep club money in that was not my personal one to avoid and troubles. As of now we are a 3 person club that runs tournaments at the Bonneville DGC. We are also good friends with the group in The Dalles and lend them our equipment when they run tournaments up there. We are a club albeit a small one. We brought the first PDGA sanctioned event to the Gorge in 2011 with the Stumptown Slosh and are looking at an even larger event this next spring. For 3 people we get work done. It would be great to add more people if our community in the Gorge grows! I look forward to meeting you at the next work party on a Sunday as I work Saturdays. You could always hit me up for a round at Bonneville as well. Sincerely: Justin Gross

Comment

Sounds great.
                If you need someone to update things online let me know. I applaud you for bringing a PDGA event to the Gorge, that is a huge step forward. Seems to me like a lot of work for 3 folks, but all your events rock, so what do I know.
                I do however think our community is growing and we need a club that is willing to accept more members and pursue new members as well. I see a Gorge with a disc golf course on each side of each bridge and a great community of disc golfers to maintain those courses. I feel a united Gorge Club would help that dream become a reality... I may be crazy but I have a dream.

You three have done wonders at North Bonneville and sounds like you are continuing to do so. I look forward to meeting you either at a work party or at Nor Bon some day.
                Cheers!
                Last edited by WavyLays; July 7th, 2012, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Today was AWESOME! We had a great time and and did some major work!

Comment

Next weeks work party at Cascade Locks has changed from Saturday the 14th to Sunday the 15th. REPEAT: No work party on this coming Saturday, it is on this coming Sunday. Hope to see some of you out there!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X