Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shelton Springs work party Saturday July 7th.

It's that time of the year again. The Showdown is near and we have a ton to do. Everybody is welcome, bring gloves, wheel barrels, rakes, weed eaters etc. 10 am. See you there!

And for the record, the course will be open for play during the work party (except for Jub).
    A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

I will be there to help out
      is there anything special needed that I might be able to help with?
      (tools or materials)
      what's the list of stuff that needs done?

Comment

Were adding gravel to some teepads and raking existing gravel back to the teepads. Putting chips down on trails. Weedeating fairways. Picking up fallen branches. And most importantly, giving gilby as much shit as humanly possible!

Comment

do you need more gravel or a way to haul it?

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
            do you need more gravel or a way to haul it?
            We can always use more gravel (3/4- crushed black). Auseth has a Dump bed that works great. What do you have?

Comment

Bake is in charge Saturday. Mainly weedeating and spreading chips. Feel free to park up by the pump houses. We have another work party on Monday. We will be making benches and possibly adding more gravel.

Comment

Yes, I figure that we will meet at like 9 ish, by the pump house, need wheelbarrows and rakes and pitch forks, weedeater's = YES, we have a bunch of stuff to do, looking forward to seeing as many people as possible !!!!

Monday at 9:30 will be another work party, mostly weedeating...

Will let everyone know ehat will be up with benches....

Comment

Originally posted by BAKE View Post
                  Yes, I figure that we will meet at like 9 ish, by the pump house, need wheelbarrows and rakes and pitch forks, weedeater's = YES, we have a bunch of stuff to do, looking forward to seeing as many people as possible !!!!

Monday at 9:30 will be another work party, mostly weedeating...

Will let everyone know ehat will be up with benches....
                  I will be there monday to weedeat!!! and to get my shirt!
                  "When a ball dreams, it dreams it is a frisbee."

Comment

Good party today. We moved a lot of chips, and got some tee pads opened up. Mondays weedeater party should help tie the whole course together!

Comment

will you guys be doing something other than weedeating on Monday?
                      I might not be working, but me and grass dont get along very well (allergies)

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
                        will you guys be doing something other than weedeating on Monday?
                        I might not be working, but me and grass dont get along very well (allergies)
                        There will be other things going on Matt. Loading up the downed tree on 16 is top o' the list. I can't make it, but they would love to have you if you can!

Comment

the other guys got lots and lots of weedeating done, it looks good
                          I was able to pick up lots of branches and pulled about a p-up load of scotch broom

I also got to help get 5 benches built

we got some good work done

then we had a good time playing a round, when we where done
                          (had to get the players perspective of the finished product)

Comment

hope 10 and 12 look good. that was my weedwacking project for the 4 hours I worked. any problems with 12, I guess are my fault. The benches are awesome!!!!
                            "When a ball dreams, it dreams it is a frisbee."

Comment

Originally posted by ski2man View Post
                              hope 10 and 12 look good. that was my weedwacking project for the 4 hours I worked. any problems with 12, I guess are my fault. The benches are awesome!!!!
                              10 and 12 look great

thanks for the on the benches, I can feel it in my back this morning

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X