Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Lake work party CANCELLED!!! (5/5/12)

Well folks... I have had tons of people tell me they want to help with the installation of Blue Lake Park. Well... now is the time to put your money where your mouth is. This Saturday, May 5th 2012 at 10:00am Tyler Christensen & Carl Thorne will be supervising a work party in preparation for the upcoming pouring of the first six tee pads. The main tasks at hand will be the preparation of the tee pad areas and the clearing of a few of the more overgrown holes.

Tyler & Carl will have a few tools available, but if you have some available to you, it would be extremely helpful if you could bring some as well. The main tools you'll be needing are: Shovels, Pickaxes, Machetes, Pole Saws and Loppers. Please Note: We are not approved to use ANY power tools as of yet, so don't bother bringing those. At the very least, be sure to bring yourself a pair of work gloves.

Tyler and Carl have been working a lot of hours out at Blue Lake Park and I hope a lot of people can come on out and give these guys a hand.

Blue Lake Regional Park is located between Marine Drive and Sandy Boulevard off Northeast 223rd Avenue.

Directions from Interstate 84: Take the Fairview exit (14) and go north on 207th Avenue to Sandy Boulevard. Turn right onto Sandy and travel east to 223rd and turn left. Proceed north to Blue Lake Road and the park.
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

2 days notice? c'mon... as popular as i am i definitely need at least a week... just sayin'...

... wish i could be there, but i'll be drinking beer on my sister's patio... i mean, totally integral in helping my sister move, on saturday...
    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
      2 days notice? c'mon... as popular as i am i definitely need at least a week... just sayin'...

... wish i could be there, but i'll be drinking beer on my sister's patio... i mean, totally integral in helping my sister move, on saturday...
      We do what we can... when we can.
      "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

i'll be there jeff. is there paid parking or what?
        I want to see this place

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen.Sines View Post
          i'll be there jeff. is there paid parking or what?
          I want to see this place
          Glad you can make it out Stephen. The park is aware we will have people showing up to work on the course and they don't expect you to pay to park. Tyler & Carl will either have a specific area to park for the work party or a a flyer of some sort to put on your windshield.

Comment

Work party cancelled

From Stumptown President Jeff Hagerty:

The parks department has requested that the work party scheduled for Blule Lake this Saturday May 5th be re-scheduled for a later date. Stay tuned for more details to follow. Sorry for the any inconvenience this may cause. Thank you everyone for being so patient.
            Last edited by LegoRules; May 4th, 2012, 04:17 PM.
            Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
            2013 Chick Flick co-TD
            Stumptown #176
            PDGA #37716

Comment

Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
              From Stumptown President Jeff Hagerty:

The parks department has requested that the work party scheduled for Blule Lake this Saturday May 5th be re-scheduled for a later date. Stay tuned for more details to follow. Sorry for the any inconvenience this may cause. Thank you everyone for being so patient.
              NO WORRIES There is a small army of volunteers ready to go.When we get the ok...we will be there.

Comment

Originally posted by dooley View Post
                NO WORRIES There is a small army of volunteers ready to go.When we get the ok...we will be there.
                WORD
                "good ol' Roc, nothin' beats that!"

Comment

could have actually made this one! finally a free weekend.

Comment

Hmmm

there is an election primary coming up..If the nominated officials have a bearing on this....let us know....It is all about politics. don't make us go there....

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X