Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pier Park Work Party - Saturday April 21st (This Saturday)

Hello Everyone,

We will be having a work party this Saturday in conjunction with SOLV. Help us get the park ready for spring and the upcoming Rose City Open!

We will be starting work around 9:00am and continue until around 1:00pm. Tasks on the agenda will be pulling invasive plants, cleaning up fallen limbs, general trash pick-up and other misc tasks.

Also, following the clean-up, Stumptown Disc Golf and Next Adventure will be hosting a beginners disc golf clinic that will be free to the public. So come on out and join us!
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

I should be out there with my kid.
    "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

Hey, if you like those new paths we put in at Pier, come on out on Saturday and help us put in a few more. That is one of the tasks the parks department has lined up for us. It would be great to see yet another great turnout at Pier Park.
      "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
        Hey, if you like those new paths we put in at Pier, come on out on Saturday and help us put in a few more. That is one of the tasks the parks department has lined up for us. It would be great to see yet another great turnout at Pier Park.
        8 or 9 people showed up to represent the disc golf contingent at the SOLV event. We dug up and removed a ton of old decomposed wood chips (mud) from a large area around the bench and teepad of hole 9 (summer layout), surrounded it with peeled logs and filled it with gravel. It is an awesome improvement to what was one of the sloppiest areas on the course.

The other SOLVers removed Ivy and picked up garbage from around the park.

All in all some great improvements out there on a fine day.

Comment

How come there are never any pictures taken and posted from these events?
          PDGA #25296
          Stumptown #34

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
            How come there are never any pictures taken and posted from these events?
            There are on the Stumptown Facebook page. I will try and post them here too.

Cindy
            Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
            2013 Chick Flick co-TD
            Stumptown #176
            PDGA #37716

Comment

No more mud bog on hole #9

Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
              2013 Chick Flick co-TD
              Stumptown #176
              PDGA #37716

Comment

It was nice meeting you guys n gals at pier! Thats some mighty fine work you did indeed!!
                Hukin since 1992
                DGOD #115

Comment

So, will we be playing the "new" course configuration for upcoming tourneys. The change would be nice...

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by PDX_Stu View Post
                    So, will we be playing the "new" course configuration for upcoming tourneys. The change would be nice...

Cheers
                    Last I heard the course was going back to the old layout before the event.

Comment

Wow, really nice work everyone!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X