Pier Park Work Party - Saturday, February 4th (This Saturday!) Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pier Park Work Party - Saturday, February 4th (This Saturday!)

Portland Public Parks and Stumptown Disc Golf will be out at Pier Park on Saturday to installing 4 new teepads for the winter course layout. We will also be cleaning up a some of the fallen limbs from this latest storm.

When we're done we will be dropping baskets into the new pin positions and playing the first rounds on the new layout. It should be fun, so please come on out and help out.

Please show up around 9:00am at Hole 1. Thanks.

Jeff
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
    Portland Public Parks and Stumptown Disc Golf will be out at Pier Park on Saturday to installing 4 new teepads for the winter course layout. We will also be cleaning up a some of the fallen limbs from this latest storm.

When we're done we will be dropping baskets into the new pin positions and playing the first rounds on the new layout. It should be fun, so please come on out and help out.

Please show up around 9:00am at Hole 1. Thanks.

Jeff
    FINALLY!!!!! new layout

Comment

i call clearing fallen limbs from fairways (this means i can wander around all day carrying the same big branch and looking like i'm working... ha!)

... weather is forecasted to be awesome and i think it's a brilliant plan to change the layout... maybe i can even learn a little something (like how to install a basket)...

... and i'll bring extra girly-sized work gloves for any other ladies who want to show up... c'mon girls... work parties: not just for boys anymore...
      "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
      Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
        i call clearing fallen limbs from fairways (this means i can wander around all day carrying the same big branch and looking like i'm working... ha!)

... weather is forecasted to be awesome and i think it's a brilliant plan to change the layout... maybe i can even learn a little something (like how to install a basket)...

... and i'll bring extra girly-sized work gloves for any other ladies who want to show up... c'mon girls... work parties: not just for boys anymore...
        I will be there if I have my new wheels by then.

Cindy
        Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
        2013 Chick Flick co-TD
        Stumptown #176
        PDGA #37716

Comment

Very true Emma.
          I was planning on asking Erin if she would like to go with me to help on saturday. Before I got the chance to ask, she asked me.
          We will be there bright and early! see you guys out there.
          Fear of any kind is the number one enemy of all golfers regardless of ball-striking and shot-making capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by mowens404 View Post
            Very true Emma.
            I was planning on asking Erin if she would like to go with me to help on saturday. Before I got the chance to ask, she asked me.
            We will be there bright and early! see you guys out there.
            rock my world, matty!!! can't wait to see the both of you... erin's such a stud.

Comment

Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
              I will be there if I have my new wheels by then.

Cindy
              yeah, new wheels.

can't wait to see 'em. good luck with that, girl!

Comment

rock my world, matty!!! can't wait to see the both of you... erin's such a stud.

She is a bad-ass huh?! That's why I like her.
                Fear of any kind is the number one enemy of all golfers regardless of ball-striking and shot-making capabilities.

Comment

My son and I will be there.
                  "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Philips View Post
                    My son and I will be there.
                    work parties: not just for grown ups anymore!

awesome, jason (hey, drive careful, okay? )

Comment

work parties: not just for grown ups anymore!

awesome, jason (hey, drive careful, okay? )

Good to teach the kids young. This is our home park as well.

(Hey just got my Jeep back. The official cost of the damage $5200. I got away with only paying my deductible as painful as that was. Moral of the story, when Emma says "Be careful" you should be careful.)
                      "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

Rumor has it the road to Pier on Saturday will not be covered with ice.

Just sayin...

Originally posted by Jason Philips View Post
                        Good to teach the kids young. This is our home park as well.

(Hey just got my Jeep back. The official cost of the damage $5200. I got away with only paying my deductible as painful as that was. Moral of the story, when Emma says "Be careful" you should be careful.)
                        "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                          Rumor has it the road to Pier on Saturday will not be covered with ice.

Just sayin...
                          ... there's more things out there to be careful of than ice... sasquatch, baby ducks, disoriented senior citizens... sun glare & heat stroke...

Comment

So that arctic blast of snowmageddon is a lie then. I feel so sheepish. Damn.

See you both out there.

Comment

I was planning on being there, but got a message last night that my buddy signed me up with him for the Superbowl Scramble so sadly I won't be making it.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X