Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling on Milo McIver Disc Golfers

What? Work Party
    Where? Milo McIver SP's Riverbend DGC
    When? Sunday January 25th @ 10 am at the BSF tournament central pavilion.
    Why? Milo continues to need debris cleanup that has accumulated from the storms a few weeks ago.

We will be collecting debris from wooded holes 12-15 and other miscellaneous holes. As well as pruning around particular pin positions. Bring a pair of gloves and your fellow disc golfers. We all know how huge Milo is as a course. The more helpers the sooner we get back to getting other projects started!! (ie. Concrete tee pads , additional pin positions , etc.) Give what you can! It all helps!

I do hope to see you all there!!!!!!!

This is an "Official Stumptown Work Party"! Lunch will be provided!! Potluck food/snack items are encouraged.

Comment

Work Party was moved from Lunchtime to Milo... Was it also moved from Saturday to Sunday? That's not what it says in my email... Well, it's not clear anyway...
      Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
      Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
      Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
      Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
      Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
        Work Party was moved from Lunchtime to Milo... Was it also moved from Saturday to Sunday? That's not what it says in my email... Well, it's not clear anyway...
        Does that also make it the new BagTag Final?
        Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
        Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
          Correct! It has been moved to Sunday, partly due to Festivus on Sat. Patrick, I would assume bag tag finals will take place but...

Comment

Originally posted by JMittl View Post
            Correct! It has been moved to Sunday, partly due to Festivus on Sat. Patrick, I would assume bag tag finals will take place but...
            I am sorry I will not be able to make it, but thought that I would pass along some information about those holes.

Scott Searles, Murray Prictor and myself were working on those holes last Saturday and there are some large(diameter) branches that came down and were very difficult to move, best bet would be to cut them with a saw. So if you have a large tooth hand saw I would bring it. This tool alone with save you time and your back.
            Last edited by Flash; January 22nd, 2009, 11:54 AM. Reason: Typo
            PDGA #25296
            Stumptown #34

Comment

You may bring handsaws, we will have saws available to use from the parks dept. Also, Ranger Rick should be available with his chainsaw to help out when needed. Thanks Mike for the input!!

Comment

I would like to thank the following for their efforts today at Milo's work party!!

Jason Jackson
                Steve Zeeck
                Jeff Hagerty
                Eric Mathias
                Ryan Gwillim
                Mike Suchocki
                John Cornett
                Jay Wood
                Jason Pinkal
                Jeff Mittl
                John Ollis
                Coury Coates
                "Over the Hill" Bob

We completed cleaning holes 11E-15E and pruned the deep position on hole 2E! Stay tuned for next months work party at Milo! Thanks again!!

Comment

sorry i missed today guys had the grandkids. i will prob. be out this week sometime doing more dragging of the smaller branches.

"In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

It was great to see all that turned out. This OLD guy is hurting pretty good tonight from the work but we made some good progress. to the guys for their hard work.

Bob

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X