Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pier Park Work Party - Oct 15, 2011 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Help Keep Pier Park Pristine!!

Come out and join us!!!

Pier Park Disc Golf Course Work Party

Help us maintain the beauty of Pier Park as we
    work on pathway improvements, planting &
    mulching native plants, spreading woodchips,
    picking up litter & other tasks with others who love
    Pier Park!!!!

Followed by lunch and disc tossing!

Sponsored By
    Stumptown Disc Golf
    and
    Portland Parks and Rec

Saturday, Oct. 15, 2011
    9 AM – 1PM
    Rain or Shine

If any questions call Dave Blado 503 823-5997

View the Flyer Online

Reminder....

Just a little reminder that we will once again be out at Pier on Saturday at the request of Portland Public Parks.

In case you haven't noticed, the parks department has been very proactive with the disc golf community lately. It would be awesome to show them exactly how much we can get done when we all work together, so please come out and help us improve Pier Park.

Jeff H
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

be there or be square!
      "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
      Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

The weather looks like it should be a good day for some course beautification and a good round of golf after.
        PDGA #25296
        Stumptown #34

Comment

Member #327 will be there to lend some "sweat equity" to this great course. Hope more members take the time as well.

Comment

Was excited to show up to work and play, but unfortunately got a case of PINK EYE!

After doing some research I decided not to spread it to all of the people that make a difference in our community.

Thanks for the hard work peeps!

Comment

A lot of solid work was accomplished last weekend by a nice group of volunteers including members of Stumptown DGC, Friends of Pier Park, DGOD!, and Portland PP&R.

French drains and gravel were installed around several tee pads (holes 5,10, and 12 i believe).

A new gravel path, lined with anchored log rails, was constructed from basket 11 (short) along the walkout to 12.

Dozens of plants (ferns, oregon grape, salal, vine maple, indian plum) were planted along the new path, near teepad 11, as well as along the hill slope between basket 4 and teepad 5 to help with erosion problems and encourage use of the path and stairs there.

Nice work everyone.
              Last edited by Lund; October 18th, 2011, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
              Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X