McIver needs our help! Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • McIver needs our help!

    So I went out there this morning to see if the disc golf section of the park is open, and well it is. But...the poor course is messed up. If anyone has Jeff Mittl's (Sp?) contact info, I would appreciate it so that we may begin the couple months worth of work that it will take to restore our beautiful course.

    Thanks! I will keep everyone posted to days and times if he doesn't.

  • #2
    What happened to the course? I was there after the power line closure, and the course was still OK, except for some deadfall. Is it worse now?
    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

    Comment


    • #3
      Alot of down limbs and trees, at the moment there is no walk out between hole 2 and 3, I played the first 9 holes before getting depressed and started cleaning up for a couple hours, not that what I did was noticeable with the amount of limbs and trees down. Just going to take alot of work to clean everything up.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Bruce View Post
        Alot of down limbs and trees, at the moment there is no walk out between hole 2 and 3, I played the first 9 holes before getting depressed and started cleaning up for a couple hours, not that what I did was noticeable with the amount of limbs and trees down. Just going to take alot of work to clean everything up.
        I'm in. Can we do this next Saturday?
        Training to be a bagger

        Comment


        • #5
          Milo singles is next saturday, so I was thinking about Sunday maybe, but Jeff puts together Milo work parties so I wanted to talk to him first before announcing anything, I don't want to step on anyones toes!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Bruce View Post
            Milo singles is next saturday, so I was thinking about Sunday maybe, but Jeff puts together Milo work parties so I wanted to talk to him first before announcing anything, I don't want to step on anyones toes!
            I think team golf is on the 18th too. Poor Milo.

            Comment


            • #7
              ok who is not working this week??????

              i have to retake my "Gator" test and stuff, but i have some time during the week to go out and clean up an squeeze in a round maybe???


              Any1 else up 4 this the weather should be fine





              "In Discatarianism We Trust"

              :cheers:

              :cool:sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                I'm working monday, but the rest of the weeks looks like i may b off.

                Comment


                • #9
                  i may be up for helping sort out milo this but i may be working on monday and after that not sure will let you know

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    i am thinking Tuesday i will be out at the rangers office around 9:30 10:00 to see whats what..... i have heard really UGLY things.....




                    "In Discatarianism We Trust"

                    :cheers:

                    :cool:sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      i will let you know

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Ok, I just talked to Wally, lead ranger at Milo, and they are having inmates working at the park every Tuesday and Wed. for the next 3 wks. They are going to concentrate on the open land areas. This leaves all the wooded holes for clean up!
                        Those who would like to help here's what we can do. We can work on making debris piles off the fairways or even better out to an open area for the inmates to put through the wood chipper. Saturday works for a work party. Milo singles, 10:30 sign up-11:00 start. Anyone is welcome to come throughout the day to help. I will keep you posted.
                        On another note, there is a landslide that has the road into the park down to one lane. It is currently stable, but if it continues to move they will close the park, therefore the park being open is on a day to day basis.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          *fingers crossed for Sunday*
                          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                          ~Annika SŲrenstam

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by JMittl View Post
                            Ok, I just talked to Wally, lead ranger at Milo, and they are having inmates working at the park every Tuesday and Wed. for the next 3 wks. They are going to concentrate on the open land areas. This leaves all the wooded holes for clean up!
                            Those who would like to help here's what we can do. We can work on making debris piles off the fairways or even better out to an open area for the inmates to put through the wood chipper. Saturday works for a work party. Milo singles, 10:30 sign up-11:00 start. Anyone is welcome to come throughout the day to help. I will keep you posted.
                            On another note, there is a landslide that has the road into the park down to one lane. It is currently stable, but if it continues to move they will close the park, therefore the park being open is on a day to day basis.

                            So Jeff am i good to go to the Office tomm. and take my gator test and start dragging branches and crap out of the woods??
                            "In Discatarianism We Trust"

                            :cheers:

                            :cool:sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by NWDiscer View Post
                              So Jeff am i good to go to the Office tomm. and take my gator test and start dragging branches and crap out of the woods??
                              Hey Scott, per Wally the OET (equestrian group) uses the gator type vehicle on Tues. and Wed.

                              Comment

                              Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X