X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stub Stewart Work Party - Sunday, Oct 9th @ 9am

Stumptown Disc Golf & Oregon State Parks are planning a work party out at Stub Stewart State Park on Sunday, Oct 9th @ 9am. We plan on working from 9:30am to about 2:00 then playing a round of golf.

The course at Stub Stewart has a ton of potential and the only way we're going to see it reach that potential is by busting our butts to get it cleaned up. So... if you are interested in helping out, we would love to have some help out there.

Thanks and I hope to see you there,

Jeff
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

... just so long as my job does not involve the pole saw, okay? short girls and pole saws don't really mix... plus it makes my arms hurt... whineywhineywhiney-pants...
    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
      ... just so long as my job does not involve the pole saw, okay? short girls and pole saws don't really mix... plus it makes my arms hurt... whineywhineywhiney-pants...
      Sometimes people tee up jokes that make it so hard to not want to knock one out of the park or digress. But I will resist the temptation!

I will plan on being there with my loping sheers, and a deep desire to find a few flight paths without jagged tree limbs knocking me down.
      PDGA# 49616
      Stumptown# 353
      OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

Hey guys thanks for showing a good interest in help Stub Stewart State Park Disc Golf course. This work party will be less about cutting off limbs from standing trees and more about cutting limbs off down trees and cleaning up the branches and cut logs off the fairways and shule areas on the front 9.

We need to clean up the front nine and get it playable for the general player. The state park employees have been working on the area around 6,7, & 8. They have a great start on cleaning up the rough in that area and we are going to help continue this effort. We are also going to dig around some stumps on hole 8 that we want cut out, like the one in front of the tee pad and move or create shred piles off fairways and closer to the access road.

Hopefully we will see a showing by the elusive Coury Coates!

If you want to see Stub Stewart more playable and more disc friendly please come out and help even if its only for an hour or two.
        PDGA #25296
        Stumptown #34

Comment

Originally posted by jdinteg View Post
          Sometimes people tee up jokes that make it so hard to not want to knock one out of the park or digress. But I will resist the temptation!

I will plan on being there with my loping sheers, and a deep desire to find a few flight paths without jagged tree limbs knocking me down.
          hey. it's not my fault it's called a pole saw, okay?
          "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
          Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by jdinteg View Post

Sometimes people tee up missspelled unintentional puns that make it so hard to not want to knock one out of the park or digress. And I can't resist the temptation!

loping sheers: ambling window shades? strolling pantyhose? moseying lingerie?
            Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
            Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
            Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
            Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
            Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
              Hey guys thanks for showing a good interest in help Stub Stewart State Park Disc Golf course. This work party will be less about cutting off limbs from standing trees and more about cutting limbs off down trees and cleaning up the branches and cut logs off the fairways and shule areas on the front 9.

We need to clean up the front nine and get it playable for the general player. The state park employees have been working on the area around 6,7, & 8. They have a great start on cleaning up the rough in that area and we are going to help continue this effort. We are also going to dig around some stumps on hole 8 that we want cut out, like the one in front of the tee pad and move or create shred piles off fairways and closer to the access road.

Hopefully we will see a showing by the elusive Coury Coates!

If you want to see Stub Stewart more playable and more disc friendly please come out and help even if its only for an hour or two.
              Stub Stewart, how I love you! But I have temporarily left you for the running shoes and I will be running the Portland Marathon that same day. Can't wait to throw a disc and clean a fairway out there again!!

Comment

Originally posted by Portland Rebel View Post
                Stub Stewart, how I love you! But I have temporarily left you for the running shoes and I will be running the Portland Marathon that same day. Can't wait to throw a disc and clean a fairway out there again!!
                What is your estimated run time for the Marathon?
                PDGA #25296
                Stumptown #34

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
                  What is your estimated run time for the Marathon?
                  Mostly to just survive it. I think if circumstances were different, I would have trained with a goal time in mind and more rigorously than I was able to with the lil one and all. But it did give me something to strive for with no golf tournaments this year!!

Comment

I have wanted to help with a Stub clean up for a while. But unfortunately I will not be able to make it to this one after all, Sorry.
                    PDGA# 49616
                    Stumptown# 353

Comment

I will be there! Pretty sure...
                      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

No rain up at stub come out and lend a hand
                        PDGA #25296
                        Stumptown #34

Comment

Small group... but I think we got a lot done. Some of those holes are really coming along. 7 and 8 is where we focused much of our time.
                          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                            Small group... but I think we got a lot done. Some of those holes are really coming along. 7 and 8 is where we focused much of our time.
                            Many thanks to Rangers Steve & Whitney, Mike Phillips, Emma-Rose Hanley, Sam Gibson and Dan Brown for coming out and helping us clean up Stub Stewart! This course is going to be amazing once we are able to get all of the debris removed.

As Sam mentioned, we focused our efforts on holes 7, 8 and 9. We started by cutting a good number of stumps down to ground level, then dug out and removed several stumps from the fairway of hole 8. Once that was under control we cut a ton of logs that were clotting up the fairway of hole seven just short of the green on the right side. While it does still need some work, it looks so much better now.

Thank you again all for coming out!

Jeff Hagerty
                            "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Great job everyone. Thank you for working hard on Sunday. I'm sorry I could not join you.
                              PDGA# 49616
                              Stumptown# 353

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X