X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle of Seattle last minute touch ups

With a week to go we could use all the hands possible getting both Lakewood and Seatac disc golf courses prepped an ready for the Calm,and the Battle.
    With what you ask?
    Specifically: SEATAC: if you got a weed whacker,field mower,brush hog,machete,or anything with a sharp blade and don't mind cutting back some rough,come on down(or up,or over)....any and all help is welcomed,and very much needed. Yes the roughs are rough. A few holes have been hacked back but you'll be able to see the long stuff that needs taken down. If you want to help,not too much supervision is needed,just cut the tall weeds on both sides of the fairway,or where the mowers can't reach.
    Lakewood: Looking pretty good, we just cleared out a bunch of trees and shrubs for the new #9 (lake hole) so we could use a hand dragging some limbs away from the fairways and green.I will most likely be running the bobcat to do some back fill on some of the tee pads,and could use help with anybody willing to push a rake and or shovel. If you can't do it and know anyone that can, send them to either course. If you need any more specifics I'll be at Lakewood today (Monday6/6) and Seatac (Tuesday6/7) Erick Illg (chainbangers disc golf club maintenance supervisor) will be at Seatac Tues,Weds,and Thurs. if you need direction out there.
    Thank you in advance for any and all your help and support.
    Keep in mind that as a club we like to offer incentives to those who offer any of their time. You get discounts in the store as well as entry fees paid to tournaments if you show exceptional amounts of volunteer hours. We are even offering ipod shuffles and mach3 portable baskets. Yes its true if you put in significant amount of hours you can get some pretty cool stuff out of the deal. But you can also feel pretty good about taking care of the courses you play. You would be amazed on how good it feels to play a round after you have helped out even just a little. (maybe not right after you have worked and your too sore to throw,but the following day or even week)

Thanks for reading,
    Keith

Current conditions at Seatac are moderately good.
    The course is much more playable than Mountlake Terrace is right now.
    I spent no time searching for discs anywhere all day, even will multiple drives.

I got 5 cleaned up on Saturday, Eric got 7 pretty cleaned up. 16 is good
    18 is ok.

4 needs help, down both sides and the middle too, end to end.
    14 and 3 are almost waist deep down the left side, they could use some attention.

The new bench on 14 tee will need to go away.
    Not that I dont appreciate a place to park my fat ass, thank you whoever built it for the effort, but, you built it with untreated 2x4 lumber and plywood signboard, neither of which will last through one rainy season.

Lotsa new graffitti is also appearing lately by 13 basket and 14 tee, including someone tagging the tree behind 13 basket. If anyone has a good solution for removing this, let Eric know when he is out there this week.

Bring a strong weedwhacker, this stuff is tall and thick and heavy, and it doesnt go down wiithout a fight.

Lakewood looks superb !
    The massive tee complex on 10 with the stadium seating deserves a golf clap.

Keep your eyes out for the yellowjackets on 7 on the walk back over to Geezer, I think I saw one of them yesterday.

Comment

If you need any more specifics I'll be at Lakewood today (Monday6/6) and Seatac (Tuesday6/7) Erick Illg (chainbangers disc golf club maintenance supervisor) will be at Seatac Tues,Weds,and Thurs. if you need direction out there.
      Thank you in advance for any and all your help and support.
      Just got off the batline with Eric. His truck is still in pieces so he will not be out at Seatac tomorrow.
      Thursday looks like the sunny day, which is better for schwacking, so both Eric and myself will be out then.

Originally posted by chainbanger'z View Post
      With a week to go we could use all the hands possible getting both Lakewood and Seatac disc golf courses prepped an ready for the Calm,and the Battle.
      With what you ask?
      Specifically: SEATAC: if you got a weed whacker,field mower,brush hog,machete,or anything with a sharp blade and don't mind cutting back some rough,come on down(or up,or over)....any and all help is welcomed,and very much needed.
      Casual laborers with machetes scare me, so you will be working with Erik.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
      Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X