X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Pave Shelton Springs

We will be pouring concrete on these three days - All Saturdays - I will post times as I get confirmations but assume early like 8ish.

June 4 - POURING Holes 1-6 Black and Red

June 18 - POURING Holes 7-12 Black and Red

Monday July 25 @ 3:00 PM 5-6 Tees

Tuesday July 26 @ 3:00 PM 5-6 Tees

We will be having work parties to form up and level pads on the Sunday or Saturday before the pours and in some cases in the evenings leading up to a pour. I will post these as we get closer to them and have a schedule. So if you want to help out there will the three days listed above and also a few more prep days as we get closer to pour dates.

If you are interested in helping or plan on being there please feel free to post in this thread so that others can gauge what work parties they can/want to attend. I.e. we will need folks on all three days so if everyone comes to the first one and no one comes to the last, things could get tough. No need to get to crazy with sign ups or anything just throw up a quick post so we all have an idea of who is helping and when.

In case you didn't know the Teeboxes will all be 12x5 and dyed. Each hole will have one black(charcoal) and one red. There are many factors in our decision to do the pours this way. Primary is our arrangement with the concrete company and driver who don't usually work on Saturdays. So we will be pouring about as much as we can a day with one truckload(9-10 Yards or 12 5x12 Tees.)

THANK YOU in advance to everyone who has helped so far and plans to help us put a bow on this thing.
    Last edited by Skookum; July 20th, 2011, 08:57 AM.
    sigpic

I will be there for the first pour. I will be available in the afternoons leading up to it as well to do some framing and dirt moving as needed. This is going to be great!
    A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

I will be there!!!! will be there all the times..... went out last night with Fish and looked over the first pads (pour) and made a list of what will need to happen, looks real good...

The more people we have the better

Thanks

Comment

OK so half the forms are up for the pour on Sat. we have a confirmed crete delivery at 8:00 AM. We will be having a small work party Friday evening to finish forming up pads. So if you can't make it Sat. come on out on Friday night. We will have weed wackers available both days if concretes not your thing but you really want to help out.
        sigpic

Comment

See you Saturday.
          Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Great job Bake! Mowing the fairways at the Springs is no small task, but everybody sure appreciates it!

I'll be leaving my house about 6:45 Sat. morning with wheel burrow and concrete finishing tools. If anybody needs a ride, be here by 6:35.

Comment

What a day! 11 pads poured. We had just enough people to make it happen, everybody really had to bust their butts. Great job and thanks to all that made it out. We will see you again in two weeks on June 18th. at 7:30 am!

Comment

Hopefully we can come up with a solution for preventing those "Team Oly" logos from magically appearing on the fresh concrete.

Comment

Originally posted by FISH View Post
                  Hopefully we can come up with a solution for preventing those "Team Oly" logos from magically appearing on the fresh concrete.
                  The only "solution" is more beer!

Comment

who has a picture of one of those beauties to show off?! 12 feet long, colored, stamped - they are phenomenal, guys!

Comment

Photos by Shannon Henry
                      sigpic

Comment

Holy Crap! Looks great!

Comment

The next 12 tee pads will be poured this Saturday. C'mon out and bring your wheel burrow and your work gloves (wheel burrow optional). Concrete truck will be there at 7:30 am. We only need you for a few hours, but be prepared to work!
                          Last edited by olydiscgolf; June 14th, 2011, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Don't forget due to our focus on the tee pad the spring growth is starting to get a little out of hand so just like last time if you want to help out but concretes not your thing come on down anyways we had folks weed eating and cleaning fairways last pour and it worked out great! Also don't forget that even though most the concrete will be done by noon or earlier some of us will be sticking around let it set up so if you want to show up later in the morning or early afternoon we can put you to work. So many convenient ways to get involved and help out how can you stay home? See you Saturday!
                            sigpic

Comment

The Pour on the 23rd has been CANCELED

We will still be having a work party on the 23rd to do weed wacking, back filling tees that have already been poured and installing the sign post that have been finish. We will also be setting up the forms the remaining pours that will happen

Monday July 25 @ 3:00 PM and
                              Tuesday July 26 @ 3:00 PM - THIS HAS CHANGED DUE TO WEATHER CONCERNS TO WED. JULY 27 @ 3:00 so show up early for dubs and help out if you'd like.

We will be pouring 5-6 tee boxes each afternoon and could still really use the help of anyone who can attend.
                              Last edited by Skookum; July 26th, 2011, 08:20 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X