X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hagg!!!`

We had 6 of us go out to Hagg today an did a little work. We set the remaining anchors for holes 2,4, 5, and 17, and set up the tee pads for holes 2,4,5,6,7,8,17, an 18. There are some changes to the course, but nothing too drastic. Jim Nims is going to work on tee pad signs. In a few weeks, we will be going out to install the remaining baskets, and do any other final work before the course is fully up and running again.

All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Glad to hear it; I think a lot of people have been worried that Hagg might not be coming back!

What about #16?
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

that is awsome thanx for hard work. i hope to make it back out to play 1 of my FAV. courses in the Metro area
      "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

what is the current status?? how many baskets are in?
        "Putt" is a four letter word

Comment

Same status as the last update. Jim has been busy with Team Disc, working on signs, an oh cant forget to mention, Getting Married!!!!! The remaining baskets will be going in very soon.

Comment

The remaining field baskets are supposed to be going in tomorrow. 12/13/08
            The entire course will be in at that point. The field layout has changed a little bit, but nothing too major. For those who have played Hagg before, it shouldnt be a problem to follow the new tee/basket locations. Here a quick map I made to show the changes

Hole 1 is the same. Tee 2 is now closer to where tee 5 was, on the new triple tee teepad (shared with 5 and 18) Basket 2 is now visible, moved up the hill and to the right corner. too many complaints from people who coudlnt find the old lower basket 2 position. Hole 3 is the same. Tee 4 is the same, and the basket is pretty much the same, besides being moved away from the tree line a little bit. Tee 5 is back at the triple teepad. Same basket location, moved away from the trees a bit. Hole 6 is the same. Tee 7 is close to the same place (shared with tee 17). its near the 2 small trees in the middle of the field. basket is away from the trees, but pretty much the same. Hole 8 now starts out on flat ground closer to basket 7, near the bike path. Basket 8 is moved way away from the tree line, more open. its up the hill, and to right of the trees for tee 7.

Holes 9-15 are the same. Tee 16 is pretty much the same, and the basket is unchanged. Tee 17 is right with tee 7, a bit own the hill from the old tee. The basket is also farther down the hill, away from the walk out on 1. The basket isnt easily in view from the tee, because a tree is between the tee and the basket. Hole 18 goes back to the triple tee pad. The tee is now not a straight shot up into the woods. it now starts left of the old location, with a diff view of the woods opening. it favors RHBH. the basket is the same.
            Hope everyone likes the new layout and plays very soon. Any feedback is always encouraged.

On a side note, the park is "closed" which means we can play, but dont have to pay the parking fee.

Comment

Of course it is late notice, but any one wanting to go out and help install the baskets and play the first round of the reopening is more than welcome to head out there. We usually meet at the Lake Stop Store around 9 am or so. I am not sure of specific times for tomorrow, since I cant be out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
                Of course it is late notice, but any one wanting to go out and help install the baskets and play the first round of the reopening is more than welcome to head out there. We usually meet at the Lake Stop Store around 9 am or so. I am not sure of specific times for tomorrow, since I cant be out there.
                Baskets are in!
                We got them in about 10 am. George and I put in 2 and 4. I parked two for the drop in deuce on it's first drive in the new position (it's about 375 feet now)
                Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
                Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

I like the new layout. some are easier, some a tad bit tougher, but its still "The Crazy 18"

I cant wait to be able to get out there and play it again.

Comment

I can't wait to go out there and play it for my first time!
                    TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

Take a guide Mitch! I will gladly show you around if I am free when you go.

Comment

In that case, I would be more than happy to provide your transportation, sir. Most likely won't be until we have a little more daylight, but I'll keep you posted...
                        TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

FYI, I updated the Google course map using Troy's new sketch.
                          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Darr View Post
                            Baskets are in!
                            We got them in about 10 am. George and I put in 2 and 4. I parked two for the drop in deuce on it's first drive in the new position (it's about 375 feet now)
                            Oh. Hell. Yeah.

Comment

Will be out there one day this weekend if anyone wants to hook up for a round. Should be fun! Give me a call or send me a message.
                              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X