Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work Party Saturday 11/22 at Leverich Park (9 am)

We will be installing baskets, spreading a little bark dust around baskets, and gravel in the tee boxes next Saturday morning. Once the course is ready, we will have a little ceremony to mark the official opening of the course, followed by a Stumptown Bag Tag challenge and open golf at the course.

Come on out and take a chance at setting the course record and help build the newest disc golf course in the Portland metro area.

Leverich Park is located just 2 miles north of the Interstate Bridge off I-5.

A little ceremony? Will we be busting a bottle of champagne on a basket? What is the proper ceremony for a disc golf course? Someone tears a disc in half with their bare hands? Chuck Norris is a dick now, so... Pinkal?

Sorry... giddy. What time, Steve?
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Big weekend for PDX-area disc golf: Leverich + Horning's = 30 new holes.
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
        A little ceremony? Will we be busting a bottle of champagne on a basket? What is the proper ceremony for a disc golf course?
        Now that you're working out, we'll just break the bottle on your abs. Hope you're doing lots of crunches!

Comment

Crunches... ugh...
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

9 a.m.

What do you think should be included in a new disc golf course ceremony?

Ribbon Cutting
            Smashing a something on a basket
            Let me know

Comment

Smashing things doesn't sound like a great idea... although I recently saw a picture of a ceremony where they'd wrapped up the bottle in cloth so there wasn't broken glass everywhere.
              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Wog View Post
                9 a.m.
                Get some liquid nitrogen and dip a disc in it, then throw it into the chains!

Comment

If it is a disc golf course we're finishing up, I think the proper ceremony would be to have someone graffiti a bench, someone needs to break into someone's car in the parking lot while someone else steals a basket out of the ground - concrete and all.

Oh... and we'll need a knife fight...
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

How about a ceremonial first putt with discs that will be sent to the major sponsors? The discs could be signed by all in attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                      If it is a disc golf course we're finishing up, I think the proper ceremony would be to have someone graffiti a bench, someone needs to break into someone's car in the parking lot while someone else steals a basket out of the ground - concrete and all.

Oh... and we'll need a knife fight...
                      SWEET! I'll bring the meth!

Comment

Originally posted by Wog View Post
                        9 a.m.

What do you think should be included in a new disc golf course ceremony?

Ribbon Cutting
                        Let me know
                        Dumping a can of PBR on the basket?

Comment

Just as long as the can doesn't get left on the basket (as happens at Trojan fairly often - stupid fishermen)...
                          TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzel View Post
                            How about a ceremonial first putt with discs that will be sent to the major sponsors? The discs could be signed by all in attendance.
                            I like it, are there any Stumptown wizards left?
                            this is me when I hit a tree, after tree, after tree

Comment

Originally posted by Rick da Corte View Post
                              I like it, are there any Stumptown wizards left?
                              There are about 7, I think.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X