X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hood River DGC work party.

I know it is short notice, but anyone that can come out on Monday August 9th at 9a.m., we are going to change the layout of the Hood River course to make it a more friendly pitch and putt style course. Having extra DG'ers to offer opinions on placements is welcomed. We will be digging up 3 baskets and moving them to new location and making some new tee placements. The parks dept. has some hired hands working on it, but I figured the more help the more they will do for us in the future. If you cant come out then, come out soon and try the new layout for some short up shot practice. Hope everyone is having a great summer.
    Last edited by The Brodys; August 7th, 2010, 02:57 PM. Reason: cuz i kant rite write.

Work Party Sunday August 15th @ 10am. Just flattening out some tee pad areas and picking up litter and rocks. Hope to see anyone out there. At least come out and play the new lay out, its a fun short course.

Comment

Beware the Leaves of Three..

From previous posts (a couple of years ago), there was serious poison oak in the area. I would be careful. Please update us on this situation and the overall condition of the park. I have been avoiding the park because of the evil leaves of three..

Comment

The evil leaves of three are still a part of the course. However they have been knocked back considerably. A few spots still exist on some of the holes, but you can play a round and avoid it for the most part. The park will be getting another spray in September when it is weakened.

Thanks for scaring everyone away from my work party Stu! Just kidding.

The course is laid out more as a pitch and putt course now, as apposed to the old chuck and search lay out. And if you take a cold shower after exposure to the poak it will not get in your pores.

Comment

I should be able to make it sunday... for a little while. Is there anything I need to bring that would help?
          Throw What You Know.
          "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
          PDGA# 45989

Comment

That is awesome Uhlman! Maybe a rake or flat head shovel. Most of all I want to clear the path of rocks and sticks that people may trip on. We should have the stickers to change the signs by then as well. Thanks for your support and look forward to seeing you.

Comment

Big Thanks to Uhlman for coming out and supporting the HRDGC. We just did a little clean up and played the new layout. Hope to have a better turn out for work parties in the future. Thanks again Uhlman hope to see you soon.

Comment

WOW, I'm sorry that I've not been looking in. I have posted (long time ago) that I'd help out and I missed my chance.

I'm truely bummed because another good course out here in the Gorge would be Great. I believe that I can be Emailed through this site (never tried myself) and I would love it if you sent a direct notice to me so I get the word.

Big Props for the work you two are doing.

I don't think I can make the Tourney 11/9 & 10 (sad for that, nothing but positive comments about the spring Tourney) but see if you can Emailed and I'll donate!!!! Can't get thru, post a way for me to contact you!

PhilStomp

Comment

Originally posted by PhilStomp View Post

I don't think I can make the Tourney 11/9 & 10 (sad for that, nothing but positive comments about the spring Tourney)
                  PhilStomp
                  11/9 & 10? Tues & Weds?

Maybe you mean 10/9 & 10? That is a Sat & Sun.

What tournament? More info?
                  Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                  Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                  Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                  Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                  Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                    11/9 & 10? Tues & Weds?

Maybe you mean 10/9 & 10? That is a Sat & Sun.

What tournament? More info?
                    I think he was talking about the Mt.Adams tournament that Bryan is TD.. that's on 9/11 & 12. That's going to be AWESOME !!!!!!!!!
                    Last edited by 3 Fingers; August 17th, 2010, 11:31 PM.
                    PDGA # 52916
                    CRDGC
                    TCDGC
                    FWWDGC
                    PDGC

Comment

Yep I believe he was talking about the AWESOME Mt. Adams Lodge Tournament on 9/11-9/12.
                      Now back to our regularly scheduled thread...

Hood River Disc Golf course will have correct signage after this evening. Happy day! Come out and try the new pitch and putt layout. Still be aware of the Poak( poison oak) Lots of it has been sprayed with orange parking lot spray so it is easier to identify. P and R will be doing another spraying come September. Have a awesome day everyone.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X