Crystal Mountain Summit Course Work Party Photos - July 3, 2010 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crystal Mountain Summit Course Work Party Photos - July 3, 2010

Installed the summit course on Saturday, July 3, 2010.

SLIDESHOW HERE

Enjoy!

Looks like I need to head up there with my golf bag and my tele gear.

Comment

How many holes are there? Looks cold!
      "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
      -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Originally posted by JR Stengele View Post
        How many holes are there? Looks cold!
        27 baskets total. There's the lower 18 hole course and the upper 9 summit holes merge into the lower course back 9. Pretty sweet setup.

It was cold (50 degrees) on the upper ridge due to wind and unmelted snow. Anytime Summer wants to show it's face is fine by me.

Comment

Thanks Ben and Jeff for helping Dee to set up the course!! I'm super excited to play the summit holes for the first time... it's too bad that JR and I didn't make it up there Saturday as I'd hoped-- we'd have been glad to help set up the course...
          I have a few questions... if a guy were to play the front nine and then walk up to the summit, how long would it take... is the road mostly clear? Would you say that you were roughly a third of the way there after 9 holes, or? How treacherous are the fairways at this point?
          Thanks again...
          Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Puttzinski View Post
            Thanks Ben and Jeff for helping Dee to set up the course!! I'm super excited to play the summit holes for the first time... it's too bad that JR and I didn't make it up there Saturday as I'd hoped-- we'd have been glad to help set up the course...
            I have a few questions... if a guy were to play the front nine and then walk up to the summit, how long would it take... is the road mostly clear? Would you say that you were roughly a third of the way there after 9 holes, or? How treacherous are the fairways at this point?
            Thanks again...
            After Hole 9 is the hike on Bruce's Damn Goat Trail to Hole 10. From there you would have to hike up another 1800+ vertical feet. Probably would take an hour. The road is clear because they plowed it earlier this season and the snow has melted. The only trecherous fairway is Hole 3, about 3' of snow.

It is worth the $20 to take the lifts up because you get a view, 8 of 9 holes are downhill (hole 9 is flat), and you could get two chairlift rounds in a day if you hoofed it. The ride from the base to the summit only took 15 minutes. Next time I go, I am playing the 9 holes down, and getting on the Rainier Express (half way) and playing the 9 again, then on to the rest of the course to the base.

Comment

the snow almost looks rideable.lol

Comment

Course update (summit course)

Did some more work on the summit course.

Improved teepads on Holes 3, 4, and 9.

Installed bamboo sticks with orange tape as flags for improved visibility of baskets on all baskets except for a few lower holes like 11, 15, 17, 18, where the pin location is obvious.

It was so clear that you could see Mt. Baker, Mt. Adams, Glacier Peak and Mt. Rainier from one vantage point. No wind. No snow. I tied my record on the upper nine of +3 and then shot a +2 on the lower nine for a +5 total for the summit course. Can't wait to hear about other scores.

Get up there and play it.

Do it.
                Do it.
                Do it.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X