• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stub Stewart State Park Sun June 13th 1pm

Here is the necessary information:
    Work Party
    Stub Stewart State Park
    Sunday June 13th 1pm-8pm
    West Camping area, park by meeting hall in the back of the campground.
    Includes free camping Sunday night to volunteers.
    Meeting hall available for us to cook lunch, has BBQ grills, sink and running water.
    Campground has full amenities

Installing 3 hole course between camping areas East and West, all materiels are in possession including baskets, tee pad frames & pavers, concrete & collars.

We hope you can make it out, includes tour of the new 18 hole course that should be ready to play in the coming months. Designed by Mike Phillips, Cris Bellinger, Coury Coates, Tom Embree, John Ollis, Jeff Hagerty & Steve Kruger!
    PDGA #25296
    Stumptown #34

bump

Comment

Many thanks go out to the crew who have developed the 3-hole course in the area between camping areas East and West.

Jeff Mittl
      Craig Nielson
      Jeff Hagerty
      Tom Embree
      Daniel Zents
      Stever Kruger
      2 Seasonal State Park workers

If you go out there to camp this year and play this little course you owe these guys a big thanks. They did an amazing amount of work without the help of a realistically sized work party. I can't believe all those asking when the course will be ready have not bothered to help in the course in any way.
      PDGA #25296
      Stumptown #34

Comment

... catch more flies with honey, flash...

... but seriously, i'm sorry i couldn't make this one... i had to have a work party of sorts on the homefront... the more notice for me the better and realistically i'd be more likely to make it on a saturday than a sunday... as this is pretty much as close to my neck of the woods as you're gonna get, i do want to be as much a part of it as i can be!!!

thank yous of course going out to everybody for their hours of back breaking labor... much appreciated from this countrified disc golfin' gal...

peace threw disc golf,
        emmarose
        "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
        Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
          ... catch more flies with honey, flash...

... but seriously, i'm sorry i couldn't make this one... i had to have a work party of sorts on the homefront... the more notice for me the better and realistically i'd be more likely to make it on a saturday than a sunday... as this is pretty much as close to my neck of the woods as you're gonna get, i do want to be as much a part of it as i can be!!!

thank yous of course going out to everybody for their hours of back breaking labor... much appreciated from this countrified disc golfin' gal...

peace threw disc golf,
          emmarose
          Emma,

I realize more time is better to a point but in this case time was not an option, State Parks needed to get this done and since we are the recipients of their work we need to show up in droves to help out. People could have come out for 1 hour and it would have made a difference. There are so many people who hit this thread and read about it and we got one post. I am sorry but that is just fricking ridiculous. If I had posted the baskets are going in the ground Sunday morning come out and play I would of had like 50 people with the same time notice show up expecting to be able to play the course!

Sure my approach may need some work but I should not have to give away stuff and make everyone lunch just to get them out there to help put in something that benefits everyone.
          PDGA #25296
          Stumptown #34

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
            Emma,

I realize more time is better to a point but in this case time was not an option, State Parks needed to get this done and since we are the recipients of their work we need to show up in droves to help out. People could have come out for 1 hour and it would have made a difference. There are so many people who hit this thread and read about it and we got one post. I am sorry but that is just fricking ridiculous. If I had posted the baskets are going in the ground Sunday morning come out and play I would of had like 50 people with the same time notice show up expecting to be able to play the course!

Sure my approach may need some work but I should not have to give away stuff and make everyone lunch just to get them out there to help put in something that benefits everyone.
            i feel ya, flash... and i totally agree... people've gotta put the effort in and they just don't realize it... damn lazy americans, i swear... i was just razzin' ya a little... maybe the wrong thing to do to a guy who just put on oregon's biggest dg tournament and then the next weekend is trying to build another beautiful course for our enjoyment... please know how much i appreciate all you do for this sport and i apologize for giving you a hard time. i promise you will see me out there again. pinky swear promise.

peace,
            em
            "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
            Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X