X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Course Installation on 11/8/08!

Come on out to Leverich Park in Vancouver and help put in a new course!

Please plan to come on out and help us get the job done. We will be starting at 9 a.m. and free lunch will be provided by Tim the Sausage Guy.

We will meet at the picnic shelter so the best parking is in the North Lot. Wear your work gloves and boots. Please bring any tools that you might have to help including wheel barrows, shovels, post hole diggers, buckets to carry water etc. We will have an auger to dig the pin placements.

Let's pull together and get some Vancouver courses in the ground! This park has nice elevation features AND water hazard possibilities. Come help us make it a fun disc golf park!

I hope to see you all there!

Leverich Park is only 1 mile north of the interstate bridge on I-5 at the 39th street exit. Take the exit like you want to head east on 39th, cut immediately to the first left turn lane and take that left turn onto Leverich Park Way. Pass the first parking lot entrance on your right and head to the second right to find the North Lot.
    Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
    Remain ye men of faculty complete,
    Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
    Attending to our noble bond and contract?
    Or does here stand the last remaining man
    To give a fig for rules and order yet,
    No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
    Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
    Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

I'll be there.

Sucks that this is the same date as the BYOP doubles at Timber but it is what it is...
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Which 12 holes will be included in the final layout? Will it be the red arrows on Steve's last draft? If so, there will need to be some brush-clearing and possible trail construction on #9 and #12, yes?
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
        I'll be there.

Sucks that this is the same date as the BYOP doubles at Timber but it is what it is...
        The day was chosen by the Vancouver Parks Department, so we had no control over that part. But really if you think about it, something is going on somewhere EVERYDAY with disc golf. It will once again come down to the choice between playing disc golf for yourself or making disc golf better for everyone in the area. Hopefully you can see your way clear to helping us make disc golf better in Vancouver!

But I will apologize to the TD of the Timber BYOP doubles for the timing, if we could have done it differently we would've AND played in the event.

Adam, you'll just have to come out and see for yourself! (or at least wait until the course is in the ground)
        Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
        Remain ye men of faculty complete,
        Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
        Attending to our noble bond and contract?
        Or does here stand the last remaining man
        To give a fig for rules and order yet,
        No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
        Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
        Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Adam, you should come out. I think a bunch of us would like to finally meet you in person.
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I might very well come. I was asking about the layout because we need to know whether or not brush-clearing implements of destruction will be needed. If the final layout ends up being the last one I saw, hole #9 will need quite a bit of work.
            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
              I might very well come. I was asking about the layout because we need to know whether or not brush-clearing implements of destruction will be needed. If the final layout ends up being the last one I saw, hole #9 will need quite a bit of work.
              There have been some changes to the final layout. Steve and I will be staking out the course this week and will have a better idea of the type of tools that we will need besides tools for concrete. I know the current layout won't have as much issue with brush as some of the earlier designs.

Hope to see you guys out there.

Brian
              Member of Stumptown DG #82
              Member of PDGA #34367

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                But I will apologize to the TD of the Timber BYOP doubles for the timing, if we could have done it differently we would've AND played in the event.
                Agreed. There are only so many Saturdays that will work to try and get this course in and we have been working hard to make this happen with the Parks and Rec. Shoot, the fact that they are purchasing the baskets and tee signs is pretty amazing and we want to try and do as much as we can to keep fostering this good relationship. There was really no intent on blocking an event, I'm bummed I can't play in the event, but am also really excited about this course. Hopefully it is the first in what will be several quality courses in Vancouver.

Side note, way to go Steve Carson for all the work with the Parks Department and persistence to see this happen. Not to mention everything else you do for Disc Golf in the NW.
                Member of Stumptown DG #82
                Member of PDGA #34367

Comment

Stupid timing...

I have to perform a wedding ceremony that day! Originally I was bummed about missing the BYOP doubles, and am even more bummed about this. Congrats to all who have had a hand in this coming together. Yet another reason disc golf in the NW is better than almost anywhere else in the country!
                  TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

Work needed to be accomplished on the 8th.

Hopefully the holes will already be augured out for us.

12 4"x4" post will be set for tee signs
                    14 sleeves will be set for baskets
                    12 front of the tee kick boards to be set near the tee signs

In addition two holes will need some fairly minor brush clearing in order to create a fairway. Think ivy and black berry bushes and a few small trees.

Chores, hauling bags of concrete to each hole. Lugging buckets of water to use in mixing. Setting the sleeve so the basket will be 100% plumb when installed.

There will most likely be a couple follow up weekends also when we will actually place the baskets, attach the tee signs, etc.

Comment

Anyone know where we can get a measuring wheel thingy to measure the distances of each hole accurately?

Comment

Or a laser range finder...
                        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Wog View Post
                          There will most likely be a couple follow up weekends also when we will actually place the baskets, attach the tee signs, etc.
                          Please let me know if, and when, these weekends will be. I can't make it on the 8th, but would like to help if possible on a subsequent weekend. Also, now that there is an offramp from I-5 leading directly into Battle Ground, should we look at some of the parks out there as a possible location for a course? Just curious...
                          TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

Gwillim has a distance wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
                              Gwillim has a distance wheel.
                              Thanks!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X