Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The baskets are in Portland now! We'll be setting anchors on Saturday and doing some minor brush clearing. Feel free to join us at 9 a.m. for work assignments!

Comment

Just a Reminder...

Don't forget this Saturday at Leverich Park in Vancouver. We will be setting anchors, installing posts for tee signs and doing some minor fairway clearing. Tim the Sausage guy will be providing lunch and Stumptown and Vancouver-Clark Disc Golf will be picking up the tab.

Bring with you, wheelbarrows, shovels, post hole diggers, gloves, buckets to haul water, rain gear, levels, and brush clearing tools. We'll provide an auger, cement, gravel, bark dust, and lunch! Don't have any tools, don't sweat it, we'll have tools you can borrow.

Leverich park is located off exit #2 off I-5 in Vancouver. That means it is only 2 miles from the border of Oregon. Take the 39th Street off ramp and then turn right (east) on 39th Street. Then turn left on Leverich Park Way. There are three parking lots at the park. We'll be meeting closest to the middle lot in the picnic shelter. Feel free to park in any lot where there is parking.

We will have a couple practice baskets in place so you can throw a disc or two between work assignments.

Thanks for considering coming out and helping build Vancouver's first public disc golf course!

Questions?

email Steve at sc@clnw.com
      Last edited by Brian Heath; November 5th, 2008, 02:14 PM.
      Member of Stumptown DG #82
      Member of PDGA #34367

Comment

Distance wheel works great on smooth flat ground. I'll bring a field tape to cross-reference with. I can bring wheelbarrow, rake, shovels, gloves, buckets, inverter, etc.
        Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
        Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
        Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
        Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
        Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

I don't have any concrete-related tools, but I can bring shovels and rakes and implements of destruction. (My experience from Woodmansee was that probably the most effective tool is a good pair of leather gloves.)
          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

I've got a truck load of 4"x4"s and cement ready for tomorrow. I also have hot cocoa, granola bars, and water to get everyone moving in the morning. See everyone at 9 a.m.

Comment

See you in the morning!
                ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

That was the best work party I have ever been to. What were there - 30 people? We got 12 tee signs in and I believe there were 12 sleeves set. This is going to be a great course - close to I-5 and a lot of good topography for some fun holes.

Well done, Steve and to all who made it happen!
                  ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

THANK YOU!

A huge THANK YOU to everyone that came out to set anchors and tee signs at Leverich Park today! There were a little over 30 people that showed up including two from the Parks Department, a half dozen from the college group at Compass church, Vancouver Disc Golfers and, of course, the Stumptown faithful.

We all braved the pouring rain and got our work down in a little over three hours!

We will be installing the baskets and signs for each tee on November 22nd, followed by the a course christening and the first round of golf. RSVP me if you are interested in coming out on the 22nd.

Comment

Sam beat me to the punch. Thanks to everyone involved in putting it together. It was a great work party - and fast.

Count me in for the 22nd. I can't wait to play it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                        We got 12 tee signs in and I believe there were 12 sleeves set.
                        14 sleeves, actually. #10 and #1 have dual placements.
                        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I'd love to make it to the 22nd. Sorry i couldn't be there today as I had to work. Boo!

Props to Steve and all that have helped along the way!

Abell

Comment

It was a blast to see so many people out to help Vancouver's 1st disc golf course. I can't wait to play the course. Thanks to all that came out.
                            this is me when I hit a tree, after tree, after tree

Comment

Follow up Work Party 11/22

Saturday 11/22 9 a.m. we will be building baskets, spreading barkdust and gravel around baskets and tee boxes, respectively. Join us as we put the finishing touches on this course and play the inaugural round of disc golf.

The course record will be set this day!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X