Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stub Stewart State Park Sat Dec 5th 10:00am

Hello Everyone,

We are continuing with the next installment of work parties to develop the Hilltop Disc Golf Course. We will be meeting this Saturday at 10 am at the Hilltop day use area and will continue clearing debris and building the trail system through holes 2 & 3. Several more trees have been cut, removed and cleared and now we are getting close to marking and installing tee pads (gravel within frames to start). The baskets are ordered and should be here in late December or early January and will be installed on the course as soon as it is ready for play.

The greatest obstacle now is to continue clearing the debris from the course and developing the trails to reduce erosion. We need the help of all interested disc golfer to continue the great progress we have had so far. Please consider coming out if only for an hour and I promise, with your support, this course will be in the ground and playable before too long!
    PDGA #25296
    Stumptown #34

We had a work party of three today and we were able to finish the trail on hole 2.

I know it was a sunny day in December and most people want to go out and play golf but man is it disappointing to go through the trouble to set up a work party with the state park and have them arrange to have all the tools on site and the support from the rangers to only have 2 other people show up.

Gary and Emma thank you for your selfless dedication to this new course and thank you for not making me work alone today!!!

I am planning to have one more work party this year and I hope I can attract a little more attention. Plain and simple we will not be able to put the baskets in the ground on holes until the trail system is complete. Right now we have two holes completed. The baskets are being painted right now at the manufacturer and we hope to have them the first week in January. The goal is still to get the front nine in by Early spring but with a little more support from the most populous disc golf area in Oregon perhaps we could be working on the back nine before the end of March!
    PDGA #25296
    Stumptown #34

Comment

If not for a funeral at the coast I would have been there. Hopefully we can get a huge turnout for the next one.

Bob

Comment

Sorry about that, Mike. I was voulnteering elsewhere on Saturday. There's only so much Scott to go around.

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
          We had a work party of three today and we were able to finish the trail on hole 2.

I know it was a sunny day in December and most people want to go out and play golf but man is it disappointing to go through the trouble to set up a work party with the state park and have them arrange to have all the tools on site and the support from the rangers to only have 2 other people show up.

Gary and Emma thank you for your selfless dedication to this new course and thank you for not making me work alone today!!!

I am planning to have one more work party this year and I hope I can attract a little more attention. Plain and simple we will not be able to put the baskets in the ground on holes until the trail system is complete. Right now we have two holes completed. The baskets are being painted right now at the manufacturer and we hope to have them the first week in January. The goal is still to get the front nine in by Early spring but with a little more support from the most populous disc golf area in Oregon perhaps we could be working on the back nine before the end of March!
          No problem, Mike... it was nice to meet you finally... and everyone can thank me for the super luxurious 8 foot sections of trail there on number 2... My back was letting me know for the next couple of days, tho, that trail building is hard freaking work! With plenty of notice I will definitely be there for the next one... I, for one, care about furthering our sport (only teasing... my hungover, disc golfing butt didn't make the last one... or the one before that) especially out in the hills of western washington county... or is it Columbia county out there...?

Thank you, Mike for your hard work getting me another course out there in my neck of the woods.

peace threw disc golf,
          emmarose

p.s. all you no shows... we worked and golfed... it is possible
          "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
          Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by frizbeerose View Post
            especially out in the hills of western washington county... or is it Columbia county out there...?
            It's definitely Washington County. A grant from the WCVA is helping pay for the course.
            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

ah... of course... embarrassed to admit to a cartographer, but my geography skills are abominable...

peace,
              em

Comment

Are the campgrounds open? Free hot showers! That place is awesome. A few of us from Seattle camped there several months back. We brought a basket and some folks and their kids came over to putt a few with us. A coyote kept us up both nights. We got firewood for $5 a wheel barrel full and had a fire for two days. What a gem of the NorthWest. I'm dreaming of camping at a work party and playing the course there. I'll spread the word.

Comment

Originally posted by Snooskie Longhorn View Post
                  Are the campgrounds open? Free hot showers! That place is awesome. A few of us from Seattle camped there several months back. We brought a basket and some folks and their kids came over to putt a few with us. A coyote kept us up both nights. We got firewood for $5 a wheel barrel full and had a fire for two days. What a gem of the NorthWest. I'm dreaming of camping at a work party and playing the course there. I'll spread the word.

We helped create some of that $5.00 firewood at one of our other work parties and we intend to add to the stacks in the next couple of work parties! The Park is a great place and when we get the campground loop three hole course in and the Hilltop course we will have a stronger draw for disc golfers in the region.

Rumor has is that we will have another work Party this Sunday, Dec 20th!
                  PDGA #25296
                  Stumptown #34

Comment

is that just a rumour... or should I clear my social calendar? What's the weather s'posed to be doing?

peace,
                    em

just checked... 47 and raining... perfect trail building weather!
                    Last edited by emmarose; December 14th, 2009, 03:24 PM. Reason: used my internet skills

Comment

Originally posted by frizbeerose View Post
                      is that just a rumour... or should I clear my social calendar? What's the weather s'posed to be doing?

peace,
                      em

just checked... 47 and raining... perfect trail building weather!
                      I am waiting for sign off by Steve but I am pretty sure we will be a go!
                      PDGA #25296
                      Stumptown #34

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
                        I am waiting for sign off by Steve but I am pretty sure we will be a go!
                        Cool... I'll check in with the old man and we can be a probably... the only thing that would keep us from making it would be that my little Shack suffered some busted pipes in the freeze last week and we have yet to repair the last one (which is the drain in my tub/shower... I'd like to have that fixed before I went out and worked up a good funk at a work party... hehe... ewww...) but we should be able to fit everything in.

peace,
                        em

Comment

I spoke with Steve at the park and he is concerned about the terrain after these rains and wants to postpone the work party to another time. So it looks like we will be looking to the new year for our next work party!

No work party this upcoming Sunday!
                          PDGA #25296
                          Stumptown #34

Comment

probably good... looks like we may be drying out a bit for the weekend so I'm sure we'll all be hankering to play mucho golf... solstice golf on sunday and yay for the returning light!

Comment

Stub Stewart State Park course update?

Anyone have any information on the progress of this course or a link to the website? I don't see it listed under Oregon courses on this forum. Thanks.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X