Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stub Stewart State Park Sun Nov 1st 10:00am -4:00pm

Hey everyone,

We are having a work party the day after Halloween to take advantage of Steve Kruger's last weekend work day for a while. The last work party Coury C., Jeff M., John C. and myself showed up to receive some training on equipment that we will be needing going forward. The training took quite a bit of time and therefore the other guys had to take off after wards, but Steve and I headed up to get some work done. Steve took his 2 chainsaws down to hole 7's green area and bucked all the down trees on 7's fairway, green and 8's fairway. He made quick work of it and left us a mess I am happy to clean up.

This upcoming work party we will do just that, clean it up. Steve has agreed to bring the chipper into hole 7 with the one ton truck and while we chip up the branches we will load up all the cut logs into the truck for state parks to turn into firewood. This is going to be a big task and we will need many of you to lend a hand. Please bring gloves, long pants and good boots.

Due to the length of time required for this task and the time requirements most of you have we will start the work party at 10 am and it will go until about 3 pm. Please come help out for an hour anytime during this time slot.
    Meet up by the hilltop day use area, the parking lot at the top of the hill! If you don't see anyone cruise by the main office to see where we are at.

This work party will significantly increase the playability of this course and speed up the time we can start looking to put baskets in the ground. We have the money secured for the baskets and we hope to make the purchase before the end of the month.

This is your chance to show state parks that you are interested in the development of this course!
    PDGA #25296
    Stumptown #34

You've been in touch with my dad (Garry) and we are looking forward to finally being able to get out there with you and do our part for this new course... cross our fingers that we aren't suffering too much from the previous evening's Halloween shenanigans... hehe! Look forward to meeting you...

peace,
    emma
    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

I'll try to make it out for awhile Mike. Playing the Hope Open on Saturday so if I get dried out and the body heals quick enough over night, I'll be out. When is Stumptown going to make this a certified work party event? This needs to happen!

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
        I'll try to make it out for awhile Mike. Playing the Hope Open on Saturday so if I get dried out and the body heals quick enough over night, I'll be out. When is Stumptown going to make this a certified work party event? This needs to happen!

Bob
        Bob,

I am kind of waiting until the initial parts of the course are developed and agreed upon by State Parks. We have mapped out the first 9 holes but things change on a somewhat frequent basis. I am hoping that after this work part all follow on work parties will be Stumptown certified work events.

Remember it is this upcoming weekend. If you are going to be out late Saturday night stop by later in the afternoon to lend a hand. Gloves are required, long pants and shirts are optional!

Hope to see you there Emma and Garry!
        PDGA #25296
        Stumptown #34

Comment

I'll do my best to be there.

Comment

I will be there. Looking forward to having some help from the rangers!!! This sounds like it will be one of those work parties that REALLY get some stuff done.
            "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

For anyone on the fence here is an offer you can't refuse.

We will be selling 2009 Beaver State Fling Glow Fundraiser discs to participants for half price. All proceeds will go towards the 2010 Beaver State Fling. We have Glow Orcs, Glow Teebirds, Glow Destroyers, 2 Champion X-Calibers, and maybe a star whippet or two.

Remember we are meeting at the Hilltop Day Use area at 10 am. If we are not there, because it is after 10 am, I will have a map attached to the trailer to show you where the work zone is.

See you guys and gals on Sunday!
              PDGA #25296
              Stumptown #34

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
                For anyone on the fence here is an offer you can't refuse.

We will be selling 2009 Beaver State Fling Glow Fundraiser discs to participants for half price. All proceeds will go towards the 2010 Beaver State Fling. We have Glow Orcs, Glow Teebirds, Glow Destroyers, 2 Champion X-Calibers, and maybe a star whippet or two.

Remember we are meeting at the Hilltop Day Use area at 10 am. If we are not there, because it is after 10 am, I will have a map attached to the trailer to show you where the work zone is.

See you guys and gals on Sunday!
                What were the original prices?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                  What were the original prices?
                  What half price is not good enough of an offer? That is a 50% savings regardless of original price!
                  PDGA #25296
                  Stumptown #34

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
                    What half price is not good enough of an offer? That is a 50% savings regardless of original price!
                    Just trying to figure out how many of those glow orcs I'm going to get!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                      Just trying to figure out how many of those glow orcs I'm going to get!

Here is all you need and it hasn't changed since the event, we do not have any Roc's in DX or Star.
                      http://www.beaverstatefling.com/2009/webform

Not listed in champion X-Caliber and we have two of those left!
                      PDGA #25296
                      Stumptown #34

Comment

Any West-siders planning on making this work party? There appears to be a low turnout from that area...
                        Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Originally posted by all2common View Post
                          Any West-siders planning on making this work party? There appears to be a low turnout from that area...
                          I'm currently planning on being there.

Comment

Jim Nims and I are coming, not sure who else we may be bringing from the Hagg Crew.
                            All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

We had a great turnout today, over 20 people total for the day!!!

We had a set back in the morning when the parks crew could not get the chipper running. Therefore we went to plan B which was to start working on the trail building that will go through the course. The trail is to encourage foot traffic and discourage erosion. Steve Kruger is taking the opportunity up front to address concerns about over use and foot traffic on the course. With the slopes present on this course it will be nice to have a graded trail that may seem a longer route in some cases but provides a way to get around the course with out having to trek straight up hill. It will be encourage to play the course on a 90 degree from the these trails

Here are a few pictures of the work we did today:

Hole 1 looking out from tee pad location

Hole 1 looking back form the pin

Hole 2 standing on tee pad location

hole 2's fairway

We also removed all of the bucked tree fall on the green & fairway of hole 7 and hole 8's fairway( hole 8 not seen in picture). The two piles of limbs were supposed to be for the chipper today but we will get them next time!

Keep in mind that as you look through the slideshow that most of the holes are still rough, they need some trees removed, trail installed and fairway vegetation thinned or removed.

Stub Stewart Slide Show Holes 1-7
                              PDGA #25296
                              Stumptown #34

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X