X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flash View Post
    We had a great turnout today, over 20 people total for the day!!!

We had a set back in the morning when the parks crew could not get the chipper running. Therefore we went to plan B which was to start working on the trail building that will go through the course. The trail is to encourage foot traffic and discourage erosion. Steve Kruger is taking the opportunity up front to address concerns about over use and foot traffic on the course. With the slopes present on this course it will be nice to have a graded trail that may seem a longer route in some cases but provides a way to get around the course with out having to trek straight up hill. It will be encourage to play the course on a 90 degree from the these trails

Looks great! Great job everyone, especially you Mike! As you mentioned it's rough right now which is how all courses look, but I can tell it's going to be a great and fun course. Once I get ahead here a bit would like to come help too, got plenty of equipment I could bring! Mike, if you need a 4 wheel drive tractor to haul stuff out or around that doesn't tear up the ground let me know.
    later
    Last edited by Scott; November 2nd, 2009, 09:21 AM. Reason: fixed quote

Comment

Gotta LOVE when the proprietor of a pay-to-play course is offering to help with the construction of another course in his general neck of the woods.

Right on Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by BlarneyStoner View Post
        Gotta LOVE when the proprietor of a pay-to-play course is offering to help with the construction of another course in his general neck of the woods.

Right on Bob.
        We both benefited from the Washington County Tourism Grant so we have some incentive to see each other flourish plus Bob is just a great guy.

Bob,

Unfortunately we can not use mechanized equipment at this state park, that is left to the park staff so we can not take you up on the offer. We have a few people trained up on the gator so in a sense we have access to remote areas and that has been helping more and more.

So for now we are doing the manual labor items and parks staff is doing the mechanized tasks and it has been working out well.
        PDGA #25296
        Stumptown #34

Comment

Wow. I've never been so excited for a new course! Thanks Mike and everyone else helping out. Now I just need to make it to one of those work parties.

Keep up the awesome job.

Comment

sweet, yeah you gonna have to cut down some trees, but like the Jerry Miller DGC, this one will get sweeter and sweeter as work on it continues, keep it up guys! I'm surprised there are glow teebirds left, those things are the best out of the entire teebird line...

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
              sweet, yeah you gonna have to cut down some trees, but like the Jerry Miller DGC, this one will get sweeter and sweeter as work on it continues, keep it up guys! I'm surprised there are glow teebirds left, those things are the best out of the entire teebird line...
              There are select trees that will be cut right away, others will be left in place until it has been determined through play that the tree or trees are in serious conflict with the way the hole was designed. This course is going to be a wooded course on every hole, we are making the fairways fair but you will be expected to throw the line, if not the play from the ruff will not be favorable.

This course will be at the gold level in the long positions and par will be set accordingly. There will be shorter positions and most of the time the shorter positions will be used on the front nine holes while the back nine will be configured in mostly longs or some variant of longs and shorts. The course is designed around a front 9 loop that can be played in a quicker amount of time or for the rangers to lead a group around after they have played the 3 hole training course in the camping area!
              PDGA #25296
              Stumptown #34

Comment

How's the course coming along?... looks alot like Dalaiwood to me.
                Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X